Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 4

Options
  • 05-03-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

Rock Band 4 is releasing on PS4 and XBO this year, with support for old instruments and previously purchased tracks!

From their forums
    Q: When is RB4 coming out?!
    A: Rock Band will be out this year. Stay tuned for more specifics in the coming months.

Q: What consoles is RB4 coming out for?
    A: Rock Band 4 will be released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Q: Why not Wii / Wii U / PC?
    A: Due to shifting production priorities and capabilities of the studio, we don’t currently have plans to release RB4 on the Wii / Wii U / PC simultaneously with Xbox One and PS4. While we genuinely appreciate the support of Wii Rock band users over the years, and the increased interest from PC gamers, the truth is that we had to prioritize opportunities on other platforms with historically larger RB audiences.

Q: Will my old DLC work on the next gen console of the same type, i.e. PS3 -> PS4?
    A: Yes! Content purchased from the store or exported from a disc will transfer over to the new generation of consoles at not addition cost as we make that content available.

Q: Will my old DLC work if I bought a different next gen console, i.e. Xbox 360 -> PS4?
    A: Cross platform DLC compatibility is not entirely within our control, as DLC ownership is managed by the 1st parties.

Q: Will my old hardware work?
    A: We’re already working closely with Mad Catz, Sony, and Microsoft on solutions for letting you use legacy hardware on new consoles. This is a challenge on both the software side and hardware side, but something we’d love to happen. We’ll have more information on this in the coming months.

Q: Will you be making new hardware?
    A: Yes we will! You can preorder a new PAX East exclusive guitar if you come by the Harmonix booth! We’re working with Mad Catz, who has a lot of history with RB gear, and we’re excited to get more instruments back into the world.

Q: Will there be any new instruments, i.e. a tuba, accordion, mouth harp, etc?
    A: We’re concentrating on the core band that people are most familiar with (guitar, bass, drums, and mic) rather than expanding on the types of playable instruments in RB4.

Q: What will the new Rock Band cost?
    A: Sorry, but we’re not talking about pricing at this time.

Q: What instruments will be playable? Wiill RB4 have Pro guitar and keys?
    A: Rock Band 4 will focus on the core experience and the roots of the franchise – guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. There will be no Pro Guitar or key support in Rock Band 4. We will continue to support “Pro” mode for Drums.

Q: What are the new features?
    A: We’re not quite ready to reveal the evolutionary features of Rock Band 4, but we’re excited to show you in the coming months how we’re expanding the core gameplay you love.

Q: Will you be bringing back [Random Feature X]?
    A: We’re not quite ready to reveal the feature set of Rock Band 4 yet, but keep posted for more info!

Q: Will you have songs by [Random Band X]?
    A: We’re not talking about the disc soundtrack just yet, but you can bet it’ll be awesome. Over 2000 songs spanning over 500 artists already exist in Rock Band catalog and we’re committed to expanding that and supporting the game post-launch with DLC, and we’re always looking for new bands and sounds, so keep the suggestions coming! Let us know what you want at RockBand.com/request

Q: When will you have more news about RB4?
    A: Soon! Keep posted to our social channels and the Harmonix forums for updates.

Q: When can I preorder RB4?
    A: You can sign up for preorder notifications right now at RockBand.com/preorder!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Really hope they can sort out the backwards compatibility with guitars/drums we already have, really happy about the dlc as I've got quite abit of it so its nice it will be transferring over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow old DLC carring over is a big one for me and my tiny library of 500 songs :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shame it's not going to be on the pc, but i'd definitely pick this up whenever i get a console again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Given that the Wii controllers have full compatibility with the WiiU, you'd think they'd have put us first. I'd say at least 5 of the 6 of us who own one globally would have bought this game. It may not be a large market, but think of the percentage market share!

Fingers crossed this will trickle down to the lower caste console, was only playing RB3 at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I would be happy if they released all the content in previous Rock Bands in one HD version! Was only looking at this and GH the other day, and it baffles me why they haven't brought out a "Complete" version, with every song they've had in the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I would be happy if they released all the content in previous Rock Bands in one HD version! Was only looking at this and GH the other day, and it baffles me why they haven't brought out a "Complete" version, with every song they've had in the series.

Its most likely to do with licencing arrangements which can expire - its why you see the likes of San Andreas being re released with songs missing from the soundtrack.

I'm delighted that you'll be able to use your old hardware, my drums are still in good nick, and having to buy a new set would be a no-no for me.

I wait in hope that my official microsoft racing wheel may one day be compatible.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

As the old GH&RB mod, I approve :cool: Also, this may have just decided the console war for me haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

This might make me buy an One. All my DLC's!

Then that will mean, despite saying I'd only buy one next gen console, I've ended up with all of them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Huzzah!

Backwards compatibility will be a concern for sure given my current setup, but excited nonetheless for the return of an excellent series.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

A new Rock Band, Tony Hawk Pro Skater and Star Wars Battlefront all in one year, what a time to be alive. I'm currently console-less, but throughout the years I spent upwards of 300 euro on Rock Band DLC on the 360, but deleted it all, so I'm quite disappointed in myself. But this is great news, and I'm really looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Here was me thinking I had grown out of these games, I see this thread look over at my "guitar" controller and get giddy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I wonder will the ability to download already-purchased DLC be platform-agnostic? I mean, the actual DLC files you purchased all need to be redone anyway for the new platforms so will they have a Rock Band account that you sign into with your PSN/XBL/Wii account that then attachs any DLC you bought for those games to it. That way when you log into the PS4/XBO version with the same RB account, you have all of your tracks - even if you have move platform.

Probably a pipe dream but it would be a good way to at least partially make it up to Wii RB fans or fans who have changed platform this gen.

Otacon wrote: »
    I wonder will the ability to download already-purchased DLC be platform-agnostic? I mean, the actual DLC files you purchased all need to be redone anyway for the new platforms so will they have a Rock Band account that you sign into with your PSN/XBL/Wii account that then attachs any DLC you bought for those games to it. That way when you log into the PS4/XBO version with the same RB account, you have all of your tracks - even if you have move platform.

Probably a pipe dream but it would be a good way to at least partially make it up to Wii RB fans or fans who have changed platform this gen.

No I doubt it, I saw on one of the articles yesterday they said they would try but that it was an issue with 1st party platform holders to agree.

Otacon wrote: »

The DLC files probably wont take too much of a redoing at all, they're just note tracks and music that slot into their engine. That's why they've been able to cross compatibility it so easily.

Making it console agnostic would involve Sony/Microsoft allowing possible console purchases to not happen.

This got me thinking today , to make the old stuff available they won't be recharting or adding much if anything to it (1000's of songs) so are we just getting a next gen upgrade to the game with little or nothing new in terms of the mechanics? Looks like it to me.

As for instrument compatibility, drums I hope should be ok as they are usb but the guitars might be a problem on Xbox given MS use a propriety bluetoothish knock off for the controllers and has changed that from 360 to One. I'd be cool with just having to get a new guitar.

Well, they're talking about "bringing it back to basics" so we'll have to see what's up. They currently have a song suggestion site, for those who want to see a particular tune make it into the game.

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/request/

1st six songs announced, bit of a mixed bag but all better than Guitar Heroes tripe announced so far.

Avenged Sevenfold - "Hail to the King"
    Fleetwood Mac - "You Make Loving Fun"
    Jack White - "Lazaretto"
    The Killers - "Somebody Told Me"
    Spin Doctors - "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong"
    The Who - "The Seeker"

Some details here http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-21287-Rock-Band-4-First-Look-Preview
    Givin--Rock-and-Roll-To-Ya.html

As much as I complain about GH and as big a fan as I am of Harmonix and RB games , I can't but feel a little disappointed but the lack of obvious new features to the game.

There is a lot of ill will towards GH and rightly so they bled the genre dry for a long time but no one can fault them for at least trying something new. I think Harmonix are guilty of listening to the fans a little too much here??? It's like a parent trying to be a friend instead of a parent. Or putting to much stock in the demands of the fanboys and vocal minority.

Time will tell but I get the impression we are getting rock band 2.5 and not 4 :(

Advertisement