Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing out hair dye

Options
  • 05-03-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Bit of a noob when it comes to hair dye. Except for a few dip dyes, I've never dyed my hair. A hairdresser dyed it purple a few weeks ago and gave me the rest of the bottle to redo which it's now due. My problem is washing it out. I've only got a fixed shower head so have to get into the shower to wash it off. How likely is this to turn me purple and is there anything else I can do?

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Dont worry about washing it out under the shower, I wash mine out in the bath as I havent got a shower head! If it stains your skin at all itll be very temporary, more likely it wont at all because it wont be in contact with your skin long enough to stain it.

After your hair rinses clear wash your body with shower gel or soap or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

I've been dying my hair purple for the last few months and like you I've to hop in the shower to wash it off. So far neither I nor my shower has been stained purple. I did manage to get some purple on my sink but thats because i didn't wash some dye that fell on my sink off in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shannonlol

you could just wash your hair out in the sink instead of having to lean over the bath or get covered in purple hair dye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Using toner takes hair dye off skin :)

Like any type of normal facial toner!

Advertisement