Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband trouble & poor customer service

Options
  • 05-03-2015 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hello,

For the last week I had been onto Eircom Technical Support and Eircom Loyalty, as my broadband has dropped from a terrible 2.8Mbs to less than 1.7Mbs.

Yesterday I was told by Technical Support that they could not rectify this and my speed would remain at 1.7Mbs.

I then rang the loyalty dept/cancelations and they told me I could cancel without penalty as my speed was less than 5Mbs, however they offered to potentially updgrade my line to a possible 8Mbs I agreed to a new contract if they could do this.

When the person went to put through the order they said it would not process as the dept that deal with are only open 9-5 the Team Leader in the loyalty dept agreed to process the order this morning and call me to let me know if all was ok. If she was unable to process the upgrade she agreed to call me back and confirm my account had been cancelled.

cancellation

Can you please follow up on this I have spent at least 3 hours on the phone attempting to resolve this issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Legits wrote: »
    Hello,

For the last week I had been onto Eircom Technical Support and Eircom Loyalty, as my broadband has dropped from a terrible 2.8Mbs to less than 1.7Mbs.

Yesterday I was told by Technical Support that they could not rectify this and my speed would remain at 1.7Mbs.

I then rang the loyalty dept/cancelations and they told me I could cancel without penalty as my speed was less than 5Mbs, however they offered to potentially updgrade my line to a possible 8Mbs I agreed to a new contract if they could do this.

When the person went to put through the order they said it would not process as the dept that deal with are only open 9-5 the Team Leader in the loyalty dept agreed to process the order this morning and call me to let me know if all was ok. If she was unable to process the upgrade she agreed to call me back and confirm my account had been cancelled.

cancellation

Can you please follow up on this I have spent at least 3 hours on the phone attempting to resolve this issue?
    Hello Legits

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further
    Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

PM sent

No reply has been received since I sent my Pm with account details.

No reply has been received since I sent my Pm with account details.
    Hi Legits

We run a targeted 24 hour response time however in some cases I can can get back earlier as advised to the right of the screen averaging over 12 hours - and in some cases later than this.

I will get back to you PM as soon as possible

Al

Thanks for the update.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update.
    Hi Legits

Can you please PM me a contact number for you and I will call you this afternoon?

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for the update.
    Hi Legits

Can you please PM me a contact number for you and I will call you this afternoon?

Thanks
    Al
    Contact number PM sent at 13:12 still waiting for the call.
    BTW my mobile number should be listed on my account I have provided it a number of times.

Once again a promised call back did not happen!! Very poor customer service

Apologies Legits

I was unable to follow up on that on Friday but I've tried calling you today however I'm getting straight through to your mailbox.

If there's a preferred time you would like me to call at let me know

Thanks
    Al

Apologies Legits

I was unable to follow up on that on Friday but I've tried calling you today however I'm getting straight through to your mailbox.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

I was on another call I attempted to return you call but the number went straight to voicemail. I am available now.

Thanks
    Shane

• Advertisement

Apologies Legits

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

I was on another call I attempted to return you call but the number went straight to voicemail. I am available now.

Thanks
    Shane
    Hi Legits,

I can't take calls, I've tried calling again but it rang out...

Thanks
    Al

Apologies Legits

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks
    Shane
    Hi Legits,

Thanks
    Al
    Sorry was with a client at work will be available now if you like.

Apologies Legits

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks
    Shane
    Hi Legits,

Thanks
    Al
    Sorry was with a client at work will be available now if you like.
    Hi Alan,

I'm available now until 2:30 pm if you can give me a ring?

Regards,
    Shane

Advertisement