Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car service, Dublin area

• 05-03-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi,

New to this forum. My car is due servicing and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good garage. I'm in Blanchardstown and in town as well (work)

I've looked at a few online such as servicing stop, cardock, fastfit etc. They all offer similar services however only servicing stop offers car pick up and drop off.

I drive a Renault Megane 2006, 1.4 saloon. Quotes have ranged from €150 to €200.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could be more could be less, if the car just needs oil changing, filters and that's it somewhere between €100 and €150. If it needs brake pads, spark plugs and other parts it could be double that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭wandererz

Speak to Eamon at Clonsilla Service Center.
    I've used him for some work previously and had no problems.

Will be heading there myself today for some other work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

+1 for Clonsilla service center.
    Stay away from fastfit,advance and all them,
    especially atlas,their prices are a total rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Thanks guys, I'll give Clonsilla service centre a buzz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

magentis wrote:
    +1 for Clonsilla service center. Stay away from fastfit,advance and all them, especially atlas,their prices are a total rip off.

I don't know. 150e for a full service on a car with 10w40 and 190e for a car with fully 5w30 seems good to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Steve in A1 Autocare in Charlestown. He has always done fantastic work for me and can collect and drop cars back if needed.

Advertisement