Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching to upc

Options
  • 05-03-2015 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I tried to fill in the switching form but just get a message saying something went wrong,
    i have ordered upc for next week and want to keep my existing number
    what do i do since online option is not working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

andycahill wrote: »
    I tried to fill in the switching form but just get a message saying something went wrong,
    Hi andycahill

If switching from eircom to UPC you will need to contact UPC for clarification on this. As far as I am aware UPC manage the move on your behalf.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 45 andycahill

so can I inform you here since the online switch form wont work? im switching broadband and phone but keeping my number.

so can I inform you here since the online switch form wont work? im switching broadband and phone but keeping my number.
    Hi andycahill

I cannot assist you in signing up to another provider. Please contact UPC for advice is signing up to them.

Thanks
    Al

I want to inform you (eircom) of me switching

Hi andycahill

Please contact eircoms cancellations team on free phone 1901 to give notification of cease of service. I will be unable to accept a cancellation request here I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

i cant dial 1901 as im at a friends house, do you have a direct number?

i cant dial 1901 as im at a friends house, do you have a direct number?
    You can dial 01 6714444 and ask to be transferred to cancellations Andy

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Speaking from my own experience of doing this you don't need to inform eircom of anything. UPC manage the entire process including cancelling your eircom account. I think you have to do the switch first, get assigned a UPC number, and then request the number transfer afterwards. It goes through pretty quickly though if I remember correctly but there will be a very short time, less than a day IIRC, when you won't be reachable on your own number.

Alun wrote: »
    Speaking from my own experience of doing this you don't need to inform eircom of anything. UPC manage the entire process including cancelling your eircom account. I think you have to do the switch first, get assigned a UPC number, and then request the number transfer afterwards. It goes through pretty quickly though if I remember correctly but there will be a very short time, less than a day IIRC, when you won't be reachable on your own number.
    Hi Alun

Notification is required by eircom nonetheless - basically to discus outstanding refunds, balance and especially where UPC are concerned as they don't take over the existing service as they have their own infrastructure unsupported by eircom.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement