Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Company Discriminates Against Gays

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

gozunda wrote: »
    They are - where?

But yes civil unions were set up for same sex unions

I can marry my friend > I don't have to be homosexual.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

bjork wrote: »
    I can marry my friend > I don't have to be homosexual.

Why would you do that?

Why would you do that?

Tax purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Why would you do that?

Why would you care what 2 consenting adults get up to?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Having never seen one up close I'd be only guessing but ......... pink paper with glittery lettering???
    Ask a silly question and you will receive a silly answer :rolleyes:

And yet you claim that they dont offer this service. From what I can tell for wedding invites you get a template and put in the names, address and location. How would they be unable to provide the service of typing in their names?

Does the computer break down if they attempt to enter 2 names which could be for a male/female?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

And yet you claim that they dont offer this service. From what I can tell for wedding invites you get a template and put in the names, address and location. How would they be unable to provide the service of typing in their names?

Does the computer break down if they attempt to enter 2 names which could be for a male/female?

Did they say that was the issue?

What is it about avoiding the issue on this topic?

JRant wrote: »
    Why would you care what 2 consenting adults get up to?

Well in Bjorks case 'consenting for tax' - but whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

reprise wrote: »

Because one side has formed the "Discrimination" angle as gospel. Without it even getting near a solicitor/lawyer courts or a judge. One side has put someone on a pedestal and their rights trump someone else's automatically. One side thinks one groups right's take precedent over someone else's.

So why were they looking for wedding invitations?

If they were looking for 'wedding invitations' maybe they were just looking to be treated like everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

There is a built in gayometer. When it gets a dodgy reading 'computer says no' flashes up on the screen. Some people who thought they were straight were actually shocked and needed to do some deep thinking. It's well known around Drogheda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

If they were looking for 'wedding invitations' maybe they were just looking to be treated like everyone else.

And like everyone else they were told that service is not supplied, It's not rocket science.

Ashruikan2553 said:

The poster is not avoiding the 'issue' - in the reply it is clear that the poster is asking how is it that the printer could not provide a service provided to other prospective couples. Seems like a fair point imo.

But you stated they were not looking for wedding invitations and that there are no gay weddings in Ireland.

What treatment should they expect?

And like everyone else they were told that service is not supplied, It's not rocket science.

So the printer refused to print invitations to 'everyone else' ? He is not a very good businessman is he? It's certainly not good businness practice

The poster is not avoiding the 'issue' - in the reply it is clear that the poster is asking how is it that the printer could not provide a service provided to other prospective couples. Seems like a fair point imo.

Does he normally supply wedding invitations to people not getting married?

But you stated they were not looking for wedding invitations and that there are no gay weddings in Ireland.

So the customer was looking for no service or goods at all? Is that your argument now?

People on here obviously don't rate graphic designers if they think it's just a matter of changing the words

You did read the 'if' part of the sentence :rolleyes:

So the customer was looking for no service or goods at all? Is that your argument now?

I'll highlight the cryptic bit:
    Reprise wrote:

bjork wrote: »
    People on here obviously don't rate graphic designers if they think it's just a matter of changing the words

Why - was there some salacious images involved. That's News to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Now I believe that's referered to as stereotyping. Are you stereotyping gay people?

Are you guilty of stereotyping Christians on this thread?

Are you guilty of stereotyping Christians on this thread?

You said
    MadDog76 wrote:
    Having never seen one up close I'd be only guessing but ......... pink paper with glittery lettering???

Where?

Do Christians like pink and glitter too in your opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

galljga1 wrote: »
    There is a built in gayometer. When it gets a dodgy reading 'computer says no' flashes up on the screen. Some people who thought they were straight were actually shocked and needed to do some deep thinking. It's well known around Drogheda.

It just seems strange, when looking online all I see is
    "X and Y invite you to their wedding at <This place> followed by reception at <another place> on <date>. Please RSVP to <address, number, email>"

The only details that cause a problem are X and Y. You could argue that these are wedding invites, not civil partnership but when looking for civil partnership invites it says they can just change "wedding" to "civil partnership" and even then I doubt if I walked in and asked for them to print off a few invites will they be checking Im actually getting married? What happens if John and Charlie are getting married? Does charlie need to turn up and explain that she is in fact a she?

Of course, according to some people questioning the logic that is the base of their argument is going off topic.

But there are no 'gay' weddings in ireland. That's what's the referendum is about. The couple were having a civil union. Capice.

But it would appear that the couple were asking for gay wedding invitations to be printed which not only went against the printer's Religious Beliefs but was also asking the business to support a potentially illegal act ........

Why - was there some salacious images involved. That's News to me

Is there any chance you would stop misrepresenting posters?

Bjork said absolutely nothing to justify that comment. Stop projecting.

They are - where?

But yes civil partnerships were set up for same sex unions

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/civil_partnerships/

Jonathan Brennan (one half of the gay couple in question) has referred to them as "my wedding invitations" ..............

But a gay wedding isn't like "everybody" else's is it .......... it's illegal.

Is there any chance you would stop misrepresenting posters?

Bjork said absolutely nothing to justify that comment. Stop projecting.

Asking a question is allowed ASFAIK

Bjorks said:
    Bjork wrote:

There appears to be an opinion that the invite could not be provided because it was somehow distasteful - I was inquiring how this could be so.

You said

Where?

Do Christians like pink and glitter too in your opinion?

"Having never seen one up close I'd be only guessing but ......... pink paper with glittery lettering???
    Ask a silly question and you will receive a silly answer :rolleyes:"

If you're going to quote me please do so in full ............ even when it doesn't suit you :)

• Advertisement

But a gay wedding isn't like "everybody" else's is it .......... it's illegal.

The invitation is exactly the same whether CU or wedding. The printer made no mention of lllegaily ASFAIK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement