Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Company Discriminates Against Gays

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

gozunda wrote: »
    There appears to be an opinion that the invite could not be provided because it was somehow distasteful - I was inquiring how this could be so.

Quote the person making the opinion. It is dishonest and disrespectful to attribute random thoughts to whoever you please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Asking a question is allowed ASFAIK

Bjorks said:

There appears to be an opinion that the invite could not be provided because it was somehow distasteful - I was inquiring how this could be so.

Simple matter of design

Wedding invitation - 18 characters

Civil ceremony invitation - 25 characters

The invitation is exactly the same whether CU or wedding. The printer made no mention of lllegaily ASFAIK.

Was it not you that specifically said it was not a wedding and they were not seeking wedding invitations?

What story are you going with now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

MadDog76 wrote: »
    "Having never seen one up close I'd be only guessing but ......... pink paper with glittery lettering???
    Ask a silly question and you will receive a silly answer] ::"

If you're going to quote me please do so in full ............ even when it doesn't suit you

Do you not know how to quote only what is relevant to that reply?

So yes I left out the 'silly' bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The invitation is exactly the same whether CU or wedding. The printer made no mention of lllegaily ASFAIK.

This is assuming that their are laws around fraudulent wedding invites. I have yet to hear of any busts where the gardai have seized wedding invites that were actually for a civil partnership.

Maybe we could try using the blasphemy law? People claiming to take a sacrament that they didnt may be offensive to some Christians.

• Advertisement

reprise wrote: »
    Was it not you that specifically said it was not a wedding and they were not seeking wedding invitations?

What story are you going with now?

Why I was going with what had been reported of course
    Gay couple 'infuriated and shocked' at printer's refusal to make civil ceremony invitations

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/gay-couple-infuriated-and-shocked-at-printers-refusal-to-make-civil-ceremony-invitations-31043312.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

This is assuming that their are laws around fraudulent wedding invites. I have yet to hear of any busts where the gardai have seized wedding invites that were actually for a civil partnership.

I'm losing the will to live here. Need to leave for a while.

Slams door on knob. Nice.

[/b]

Why I was going with what had been reported of course

OK, do you believe they were looking for wedding invitations or not?

Maybe we could try using the blasphemy law? People claiming to take a sacrament that they didnt may be offensive to some Christians.

The gay guy is Catholic

Could he be done for misrepresentation under the blasphemous law or deception laws?

Quote the person making the opinion. It is dishonest and disrespectful to attribute random thoughts to whoever you please.

I did - then I asked a question
    gozunda wrote:
    Why - was there some salacious images involved. That's News to me

ASFAIK it's still ok to ask a question. If you have an issue report it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Do you not know how to quote only what is relevant to that reply?

So yes I left out the 'silly' bit

Ah but the "silly" bit answers your question in full ......... even though you tried to dissect my post and present it out of context ........ sneaky but unsurprising ;)

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Ah but the "silly" bit answers your question in full ......... even though you tried to dissect my post and present it out of context ........ sneaky but unsurprising

It doesn't - it's just that 'silly'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

You're happy to quote the reporter but not the actual gay couple who refer to the invitations as "wedding invitations" .......... pick and choose much? :rolleyes:

ok let me ask a question. You used the word salacious in describing Bjorks post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94650094&postcount=1372

The definition of salacious is having or conveying undue or indecent interest in sexual matters.

What say you explain exactly what you meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

lol? strange sense of humour.

Did I not cover this? Black people can get married legally and there are no religious objections that I am aware of. But please feel free to contradict me. Better again, try discuss the issue and stop inventing fairy tales to rant about.
    The fairy tale here is religion

And there was a question i asked but you never answered on attributing things to people without any evidence
    reprise wrote:
    More convoluted analogies because the real issue just won't suffice.
    You do realise that interracial weddings are entirely legal and to the best of my knowledge, entirely compatible with the catholic ethos?

gozunda wrote:
    Reprise - Re real issues, are you assuming the printer is Catholic?

Maybe you should answer that instead of having a go at other posters answers

bb1234567 wrote: »
    The fairy tale here is religion

Breaking news..... the gay guy is religious too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

And there was a question i asked but you never answered on attributing things to people without any evidence

Oh the Irony.

Where?

Breaking news..... the gay guy is religious too.

Why would he support a religion that doesn't support his existence...hmm i don't know...

• Advertisement

The religious viewpoints is such a stupid argument. I can make up a religion right here on the spot that holds as much water as any religion going and say I don't print black wedding cards cause its against my religious views. That good enough for you...

Why would he support a religion that doesn't support his existence...hmm i don't know...

Some people just want it all!

Where does it say that?
    The religious viewpoints is such a stupid argument. I can make up a religion right here on the spot that holds as much water as any religion going and say I don't print black wedding cards cause its against my religious views. That good enough for you...

Come back to me when you have 1.2 billion followers or so.

^^^agree with this

Unfortunately logic like common sense does not appear to be that common

Oh the Irony.

Where?

bjork wrote: »
    Some people just want it all!

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Where?

:pac:

Where does it say that?

Come back to me when you have 1.2 billion followers or so.

Is 1.2 billion the cut off point for when my made up opinion and ethos start to count for something? Is a religious view an official fact once I hit this milestone? Tell me more how religion , any religion, should have any say in how anyone lives their lives.

• Advertisement

Is 1.2 billion the cut off point for when my made up opinion and ethos start to count for something? Is a religious view an official fact once I hit this milestone? Tell me more how religion , any religion, should have any say in how anyone lives their lives.

Off topic we go yet again.

Why not take it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=526

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement