Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyds thumbhole on t3

Options
  • 05-03-2015 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey anyone got this done to there tikka t3
    Was wondering what are they like and how much to get someone like sro to bring it in and bed the stock ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Not sure of the cost of bedding it but you can import it yourself for about €140 - €150 including postage and import duty

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

Are they any good ?
    They seem very cheap compared to other aftermarket stocks

Shaner82 wrote: »
    Are they any good ?

I have one on a Remmy .270 and i love it. Go into your local RFD and pick up a CZ 455 thumbhole to get the feel its the sane stock

Are they any good ?

I have one on a Remmy .270 and i love it. Go into your local RFD and pick up a CZ 455 thumbhole to get the feel its the sane stock

Did you just drop it in and start shooting
    I'll be getting a left handed one so very few of them in any RFDs in stock

• Advertisement

Did you just drop it in and start shooting
    I'll be getting a left handed one so very few of them in any RFDs in stock

Just dropped it in a quick rezero and off I went. I did get it bedded in a few months later when I got the muzzle break fitted and the barrel threaded

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

I have a left hand boyds thumbhole stock on my little Savage MkII .22 , grand stock and with them being laminate wood they are strong, so no need to rush a bedding job if you don't want

How much to have it bedded roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭eoin.d

would a boyds stock need to be bedded? i thought you could just drop them in and you were sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

If you wanted to bed a stock you could do it urself, have a look on youtube I did my ruger 1022 couple of weeks ago, epoxy and release agent I used grease as release agent. And as for bedding a Boyds stock I asked a very experienced gunsmith about this and he told me as its glued laminate it's very strong as it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Hunterjohnb

Check the Boyd's website for diy bedding video and barrel freefloating.

Advertisement