Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IT through Arts is ?

• 05-03-2015 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭

Currently a first year arts student and IT is one of the subjects that I am looking to continuing doing for next year. I was just wondering from graduates from doing IT through arts, was the course any use or are employers looking more for people who did pure IT?

Is it worth keeping on and trying to pursue an IT job with this this degree?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

For getting a dev job, probably not. Support/QA, sure that'll get you in. But for many that is just the start, there are many other things you can do in the IT sector.

At the end of the day you get out what you put into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

In our IT class no one got a job in the IT field. None of my friends got jobs out of their Arts Degree. You're going to have to do a postgrad without a doubt. The IT isn't rigorous enough. You'll definitely never get a Dev job and I doubt you'd get a testing job as I can't remember doing any testing. It's nearly impossible to get a job in IT without industry experience. That's one of the major flaws with NUIG is no CoOp.

Most of my friends did a masters and have found a job as a result of their masters. Arts Degree 2.1 is a ticket into a masters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

You'll probably have to do a masters but that's the case with most arts degrees anyway IT or not.

Advertisement