Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice please - setup/liquid etc

• 05-03-2015 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I realise that all the information I am looking for is here in some form or other but having spent an hour looking I'm hoping someone can just nail it for me handy enough.
    Having smoked 30 odd a day for nearly 20 years, I stopped on Christmas Eve and surprise even myself that I have still managed this long (yes its over ten weeks, boom). I have no intention of smoking again but having tried a ton of batteries/something-omizers and liquids, I'm still trying to find what does it for me.
    My current setup is an itaste mvp with a nautilus tank, and I have a bunch of 1.8 Ohm BVC coils for it. It seems to be really really good some days, then other days I seem to be getting nothing off it. I end up changing the coil, sometimes burning one out and changing again etc etc. I think it's probably a mixture of the liquid I'm using and maybe not having the coil properly "wet" before I start using it.

What I like is basically plenty of smoke/vapor/whatever, and a bit of a kick. I don't go for flavours really outside of mint which is generally good.
    Anyway, the liquid I am using is one of these VIP Menthol ones. They seemed decent for a while, and I was buying them at a stall in the local tesco, but then they changed the liquid and it's rubbish. New and Improved, the lady told me, looked weirdly at me when I asked "Is it new, or is it improved, because it can't be both".
    Anyway it's sh*te. I don't know if I am not using the right settings on the MVP or is it just rubbish liquid, but there is little or no vapour off it.

I've tried ordering a few different liquids and wasn't impressed with any, and after reading 30 pages or so of the reviews above, I'm none the wiser about what I should get.

So, if you managed to read this far without clicking "next", what I would really appreciate somebody being able to tell me is:
    1. Is the MVP/Nautilus a good setup or is there something better I should get? I realise that can be down to personal preference, and this thing seems good, so maybe it's the settings I am running it at.
    2. What IS the best setting on this MVP, I think I have it at 9W and 4V at the moment. Can I / Should I turn it way up if I'm looking for more vapour or will I just burn out the coils?
    3. Speaking of coils, the aspire BVC are decent or should I be buying something else?
    4. Liquid, probably the most important question. I read in the reviews that VIP was considered cheap muck, and it doesn't surprise me. Maybe it's related to the fact that I feel often that I'm not getting a whole lot from the setup. I'm looking for a good 24mg menthol liquid that gives plenty of vapour with the right settings, I don't care if it's expensive once it's good.

Appreciate any feedback.

RC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Hiya,

1: Yep, MVP and nautilus is grand. Depending on which MVP you have it might be ageing tech but once it goes to the watts you want then I wouldn't change. The istick 30w or istick 50w are better devices IMO, something to think about when you change.

2: The best setup is subjective, but those BVC coils should be able to take about 14w without dry hits, so crank your MVP up in .5 increments until you either hit your sweet spot, max out the MVP or get a burnt taste..

3: I personally didn't get on with BVC coils but they are generally considered one of the best. My reason we for not liking them is completely different to yours so I won't bore you with it, it won't help :)

4: I think VIP is actually expensive muck! I saw it at 7 euro for 10 mls which is madness! I don't really vape menthol but the best advice I can give is to go to any vape shops around you (not VIP stands!) and any decent one will let you try as many as you like. You'll even find something you like in a Healthier Choice shop if there's one near you. Failing that, Esmokeireland.eu have a range called Wingnuts, I hear great things about their "extreme menthol".

Congrats on being off the smokes and good luck staying off them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Forgot to say, to quicken the priming of a new coil, cover the air hole and draw on it as if you were vaping, but without the fire button pressed. I do that intermittently for a few minutes before I vape on them.

Also, one of the members here is a woman who works for VIP. I'm quietly hoping it was her who threw you the filthies but she's probably too sound for that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Zero wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I realise that all the information I am looking for is here in some form or other but having spent an hour looking I'm hoping someone can just nail it for me handy enough.
    Having smoked 30 odd a day for nearly 20 years, I stopped on Christmas Eve and surprise even myself that I have still managed this long (yes its over ten weeks, boom). I have no intention of smoking again but having tried a ton of batteries/something-omizers and liquids, I'm still trying to find what does it for me.
    My current setup is an itaste mvp with a nautilus tank, and I have a bunch of 1.8 Ohm BVC coils for it. It seems to be really really good some days, then other days I seem to be getting nothing off it. I end up changing the coil, sometimes burning one out and changing again etc etc. I think it's probably a mixture of the liquid I'm using and maybe not having the coil properly "wet" before I start using it.

What I like is basically plenty of smoke/vapor/whatever, and a bit of a kick. I don't go for flavours really outside of mint which is generally good.
    Anyway, the liquid I am using is one of these VIP Menthol ones. They seemed decent for a while, and I was buying them at a stall in the local tesco, but then they changed the liquid and it's rubbish. New and Improved, the lady told me, looked weirdly at me when I asked "Is it new, or is it improved, because it can't be both".
    Anyway it's sh*te. I don't know if I am not using the right settings on the MVP or is it just rubbish liquid, but there is little or no vapour off it.

I've tried ordering a few different liquids and wasn't impressed with any, and after reading 30 pages or so of the reviews above, I'm none the wiser about what I should get.

So, if you managed to read this far without clicking "next", what I would really appreciate somebody being able to tell me is:
    1. Is the MVP/Nautilus a good setup or is there something better I should get? I realise that can be down to personal preference, and this thing seems good, so maybe it's the settings I am running it at.
    2. What IS the best setting on this MVP, I think I have it at 9W and 4V at the moment. Can I / Should I turn it way up if I'm looking for more vapour or will I just burn out the coils?
    3. Speaking of coils, the aspire BVC are decent or should I be buying something else?
    4. Liquid, probably the most important question. I read in the reviews that VIP was considered cheap muck, and it doesn't surprise me. Maybe it's related to the fact that I feel often that I'm not getting a whole lot from the setup. I'm looking for a good 24mg menthol liquid that gives plenty of vapour with the right settings, I don't care if it's expensive once it's good.

Appreciate any feedback.

RC

The VIP liquids are generally renowned as being pretty crap. If you like mint this one is meant to be v nice.

http://smokedifferent.ie/product/dea-mint-20ml/

Also if you're in Dublin you have the option of trying it for free in the Vape Cafe on Capel St. Not sure if they do any other mint ejuices but its a good way of not getting stung with a bottle you'll never finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Have you considered a Rebuildable Atomiser? I have 3 Kayfun Lite+ clones (two with 20W iSticks and a Mech) and they're the dogs bollocks in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Forgot to say, to quicken the priming of a new coil, cover the air hole and draw on it as if you were vaping, but without the fire button pressed. I do that intermittently for a few minutes before I vape on them.

Also, one of the members here is a woman who works for VIP. I'm quietly hoping it was her who threw you the filthies but she's probably too sound for that...

:pac: I'm lovely, feck off. I also very happily point customers in the direction of esmokeireland, ecirette and the vape cafe :)

Op, have you tried crystal menthol by artisan eliquid? It's a great menthol flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Jenny's bringing them down from the inside. Gotta love that !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

If you're looking to upgrade just get a 50 watt istick & kanger subtank. Can't go wrong with that combo. With the subtank you can use normal coils, sub ohm coils and it also comes with a rebuildable coil section if you want to try your hand at rebuildables. The rebuildable part is really easy to build on and perfect for newbes. It's good to have a few different options as well so you can see what works best for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Trond wrote: »
    Jenny's bringing them down from the inside. Gotta love that !!!!

:pac: Nah, far from it. I've lots of customers who are very happy to stick with what I sell, and who are very loyal to my shop. It's just, I don't believe in lying to customers either. I'm straight with them, and very honest in that I'll happily recommend other brands. It works, because it keeps people loyal to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Thanks for the replies guys. Based on your advice I went off and ordered the 50w istick, the kanger subtank and a couple of liquids, extreme menthol and vampires kiss to name two of them......Wow, no comparison with what I was using, this setup blows them out of the water. Thanks again, much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Nice, ha ha I felt the same way when I upgraded my setup. I expect the weather forcast for where you are now is cloudy with heavy spells of fog ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement