Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the flatline Athlone Half Marathon - Sat Sept 12th 2015

Options
  • 05-03-2015 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Just a reminder to all that the 4th annual flatline Athlone half marathon is open for entries.
    Costs just €20 to enter til the end of March.

We expect a sell out again this year so get in early...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 RossyR

Just a reminder. Early bird of €20 finishes on Tue next

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Early bird price of €20 still applies for today only as there was a glitch with the registration link last night.

Just to remind everyone the entry fee will jump up again after midnight tonight

We are well ahead of entries compared to this this time last year and expect to
    sell out as we have done every year so far.

Don't miss out ðŸ˜႒

A 10k option has been added to the billðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Anybody know if the 10k is open to walkers?

• Advertisement

Fudge74 wrote: »
    Anybody know if the 10k is open to walkers?

Yes walkers are more than welcome.

Just a reminder that today is last day for transfers and deferrals.
    Also the price jumps up after this weekend.

The Flatline has sold out every year so far and we don't expect it to be any different this year.

Don't miss out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Is it possible to switch from the Half to the 10km?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

I've signed up for the 10k, anyone done it before and care to tell me a bit about the course?

I've signed up for the 10k, anyone done it before and care to tell me a bit about the course?

This is the first year that there has been a 10k option.
    All the details are on athlonehalfmarathon.com but like the half marathon course the 10k course is very flat.
    The two routes share the last 5k...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

REMINDER Website says entries closing midnight Sunday night/Monday morning. Get in there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Any info on pacers?

Beef wrote: »
    Any info on pacers?

All information is on athlonehalfmarathon.com

Pacers for 1.25, 1.30, 1.35, 1.45, 1.50, 2 and 2.10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I know you have to be over 18 to apply for the half, does anyone know if that applies to the 10k also. The youngster turned around today and asked me could he do it too (he's done 10k's before).

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I know you have to be over 18 to apply for the half, does anyone know if that applies to the 10k also. The youngster turned around today and asked me could he do it too (he's done 10k's before).

Over 18's only I'm afraid.

Getting very close to being full at this stage so if anyone else interested now is the time 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks RossyR, I got the answer from them. The young fella turned around, after running another 5k today and narrowly missing his pb, and said he felt like doing the 10k in a few weeks time! As you do! Wouldn't it be great to be young and not a bit fazed by runs or distances, you just go for it!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Thanks RossyR, I got the answer from them. The young fella turned around, after running another 5k today and narrowly missing his pb, and said he felt like doing the 10k in a few weeks time! As you do! Wouldn't it be great to be young and not a bit fazed by runs or distances, you just go for it!

Yeah you can't beat the youth.... they have great stamina ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Is anyone else following P&D and doing this race as a tune up? If so, how are ye re-arranging the schedules? I'm in a heap here. This week is a step back week with a long run of 14 miles. Would I be better of to sneak in a 20 mile LSR this week and run easy next week ahead of the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Any idea what kind of numbers will be running this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Any idea what kind of numbers will be running this?

Over 800 last year.

Weather not good for this:

WEEKEND OUTLOOK calls for a period of stronger winds and showers as deep low pressure skirts by the Mayo and Donegal coasts bringing almost gale force southwest winds at times (50-90 km/hr) and further rainfalls of 15-20 mm but this time hitting most regions at some point, but not without a few dry intervals too. Temperatures on the weekend appear likely to remain in a narrow range between 12 and 16 C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

WEEKEND OUTLOOK calls for a period of stronger winds and showers as deep low pressure skirts by the Mayo and Donegal coasts bringing almost gale force southwest winds at times (50-90 km/hr) and further rainfalls of 15-20 mm but this time hitting most regions at some point, but not without a few dry intervals too. Temperatures on the weekend appear likely to remain in a narrow range between 12 and 16 C.
    id prefer that weather to last years weather, it was scorching last year.

jake1970 wrote: »
    id prefer that weather to last years weather, it was scorching last year.

Not if you have a 90km/h wind against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Had a quick look at met.ie earlier, wind seemed decent enough. Early days yet though.

web_irl_wind_2015091212.gif?h=1441731600000

shane1981 wrote: »
    Had a quick look at met.ie earlier, wind seemed decent enough. Early days yet though.

web_irl_wind_2015091212.gif?h=1441731600000

Met eireann don't do more than 3 days ahead. The guy in the boards forum is class

Many here doing this race?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Yup, I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Me too. Looks like we might miss the worst of the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Don't mind the rain, hate when it's windy. Looking forward to my first half marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Nervously looking forward to it :)

Advertisement