Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract trouble

Options
  • 05-03-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Not sure I'm posting in the right spot but here goes.
    My employer has my contract on file but has the salary wrong. I was on probation for first six months and my starting salary was34k going up to 36 k. They changed that figure after the probation period to 39k. Employed there since 2007 and recently asked to see my contract which they had on file. This contract had the original salary on it I. E was not updated to 39k. Lost my own copy of contract during recent house move. Where do I stand??? Hope someone can shed some light. By the way, was paid at 39k rate but affairs now they might say I was paid more than what it says in contract

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Your contract is the terms and conditions you agree at the time you accept the job. It would be highly unusual for it to outline future increases, they usually only refer to pay/performance reviews on a yearly basis. So no, you do not need to worry, you don't get a new contract every time you get a wage increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

It is common practice not to update salary on contracts unless the role changes.

It would be a big pain in the ass to update everyones contract every year for annual raises.

Nothing to worry about.

Advertisement