Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will A uk bought modem (Amazon) work in rep of ireland

Options
  • 05-03-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

If I bought a modem on Amazon UK would it work on my computer, would I need extra cables etc or is the UK system different than ours.
    Having terrible trouble with my internet not even sure if it is the modem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Do you mean modem as in for dial up internet or a broadband modem ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

More details! Pretty much everything you know about your setup would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Simple answer ( and I am assuming that the OP taking about ASDL modem/router ) is yes it will work fine here, all you need is settings from you old router.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭acon2119

mach1982 wrote: »
    Simple answer ( and I am assuming that the OP taking about ASDL modem/router ) is yes it will work fine here, all you need is settings from you old router.

Yes that's what I mean. Thank you to everyone for their reply

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

mach1982 wrote: »

This with an asterisk.

* There are different types of ADSL, the most common in use in Ireland is ADSL2+, it would be wise to check out which protocol your current one uses and make sure the one you buy is compatible. You can probably see this in the modem connection/statistics page. If you're on eFibre or similar then you need VDSL2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement