Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who Season 9.....spoiler..... :P

Options
  • 05-03-2015 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Guess who is back....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Excellent!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yay, I guess. They didn't hang about did they; I guess it means also whatever arc will be in play for season 9, it won't revolve around her return. Wonder what it could be!

Kinda undermines last year's finale mind you, even if we all figured her 'death' looked a bit too ... transportery (may not be a word).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I get the feeling her appearance last year was basically just a version of souffle girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm still not convinced she is The Master :P

She's a great actress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

The Ranni ?

amen wrote: »
    The Ranni ?

Yeah, Im thinking that, or she is working for 'The Master', who I think was the 'Gus' on The Orient Express.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Whatever you make of her, Michelle Gomez is The Master; deal with it people! :D

pixelburp wrote: »
    Whatever you make of her, Michelle Gomez is The Master; deal with it people! :D

EXTERMINATE

Without creating another Spoiler thread for Season 9, the BBC announced two returning elements:
    The Zygons and Osgood! I suspect the return of the former is going to explain the latters apparent rise from the grave...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/6fec5341-a0c9-439e-9c75-34e0cae1af56

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 therabbittest

pixelburp wrote: »
    Without creating another Spoiler thread for Season 9, the BBC announced two returning elements:
    The Zygons and Osgood! I suspect the return of the former is going to explain the latters apparent rise from the grave...

I definitely reckon we're looking at
    Zygood rather than Osgood

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Trailer for the new series....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 therabbittest

Trailer for the new series....

Wow, that's an incredible trailer.

I feel so jaded by Hollywood trailers that insist on spoiling every story beat and plot twist (step forward Terminator Genesis), it's refreshing to watch a trailer that's happy to simply tease and pump up its audience on fleeting glances & mystery. Properly excited now, roll on September!

In before every fanboy deciding it's Susan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

In before every fanboy deciding it's Susan

Too late

It's Susan
    It's The Rani
    It's Romana
    It's Jenny
    It's River Song
    It's Ace
    It's Sally Sparrow
    Etc..

I have to say this is the first time ever I'm properly excited about Doctor Who returning.

I may have mentioned this in episode discussions last year but I've never been a fan of the show. I watched some of the Matt Smith episodes and didn't really like it that much, if I'm honest. When he left and Capaldi was announced as the new Doctor I was curious rather than excited about the new series. I bloody loved last year though, it really converted me and, possibly contrary to popular opinion, I love Clara too, and I love the Capaldi/Coleman partnership and was so glad she stayed on and I am genuinely excited about it coming back this year!!

I have to say this is the first time ever I'm properly excited about Doctor Who returning.

I may have mentioned this in episode discussions last year but I've never been a fan of the show. I watched some of the Matt Smith episodes and didn't really like it that much, if I'm honest. When he left and Capaldi was announced as the new Doctor I was curious rather than excited about the new series. I bloody loved last year though, it really converted me and, possibly contrary to popular opinion, I love Clara too, and I love the Capaldi/Coleman partnership and was so glad she stayed on and I am genuinely excited about it coming back this year!!

I absolutely do not get the Clara hate. the first year I did, she was a bit of a Mary Sue, but they really worked on developing her post impossible girl.

Glad you're liking it :)

I absolutely do not get the Clara hate. the first year I did, she was a bit of a Mary Sue, but they really worked on developing her post impossible girl.

Glad you're liking it :)

I liked Jenna Coleman before she was on Who so I was kind of looking forward to seeing her on there but Clara never really worked that well alongside Smith. That was the writing though, she was a Mary Sue, they had this story line worked out and just squished her into it, she was a plot point more than a character in her own right.

From the first proper conversation between Capaldi's Doctor and Clara last year though it was completely different. It felt like a completely different show to me and, no offense to Matt Smith, but I feel like Capaldi and Coleman are more on the same level talent wise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm really really looking forward to the new season. Capaldi has so much potential as the Doctor, but I always felt he was a bit stifled in a lot of the episodes.

I'm -really- looking forward to Danny not being around anymore, god he annoyed me so much.

• Advertisement

Oooh i am excite

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm really really looking forward to the new season. Capaldi has so much potential as the Doctor, but I always felt he was a bit stifled in a lot of the episodes.

I'm -really- looking forward to Danny not being around anymore, god he annoyed me so much.

I agree about Danny, he was necessary to expand Clara as a character but he suffered kind of the same fate as Clara did in her first series, he was barely more than a plot point.

Advertisement