Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple monitor setup with Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970

Options
  • 05-03-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I will be buying a GTX 970 soon and I would like to know if I would need an active DisplayPort adapter or would I need an adapter at all? As far as I know there are two DVI slots and a HDMI slot which I could use but I've only had a triple monitor setup with an AMD card before so I'm not sure if they work the same way. With the AMD, I needed to use at least one mini-displayport slot with an active mini-DisplayPort adapter to make the triple monitor setup work. Is it the same story with nVidia?

Thank you all in advance for any helpful contributions :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Supports 4 displays:
    Display Support:
    5120x3200Maximum Digital Resolution*
    2048x1536Maximum VGA Resolution
    Dual Link DVI-I, HDMI 2.0, 3x DisplayPort 1.2 Standard Display Connectors
    4 displaysMulti Monitor
    YesHDCP
    InternalAudio Input for HDMI

Use 1x HDMI, 1x DVI and 1xDP, should work just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

ED E wrote: »
    Supports 4 displays:
    Display Support:
    5120x3200Maximum Digital Resolution*
    2048x1536Maximum VGA Resolution
    Dual Link DVI-I, HDMI 2.0, 3x DisplayPort 1.2 Standard Display Connectors
    4 displaysMulti Monitor
    YesHDCP
    InternalAudio Input for HDMI

Use 1x HDMI, 1x DVI and 1xDP, should work just fine.

The Gigabyte Gaming G1 has 2 DVI slots and 1 HDMI slot. I was trying to save as much as I can and the active adaptors cost some money. I was wondering if I can use the 2 DVIs and a HDMI instead of having to use a DP port like AMD cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It will drive those displays natively, no active adaptor needed. Nvidia has supported this for the last few series of cards. Older cards they could only handle two natively and then required an active adaptor for the third display.

It will drive those displays natively, no active adaptor needed. Nvidia has supported this for the last few series of cards. Older cards they could only handle two natively and then required an active adaptor for the third display.

Thank you so much :D

Oh follow-up question, does that mean then that if I wanted to use a DP port on top of the 3 others, I could just use a passive DP adapter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Oh follow-up question, does that mean then that if I wanted to use a DP port on top of the 3 others, I could just use a passive DP adapter?

You will be fine up to four native displays using whatever connectivity.

Advertisement