Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenerife (does this exist here)

• 06-03-2015 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi, im considering tenerife this year me and my girlfriend were looking for somewhere nice and definitely not hectic with lots of way overly drunk people. I was considering PDLC but the 90 minute drive after a 5hrs flight, no thanks. Will have to stay more South and I know this is where the madness is, so I'm wondering if there is anything in between down near the south

Things I need:

Decent Sandy beach (not black)
    Not a resort for the wild lads and ladettes
    And basically some lively bars nearby but not a retirement type of resort.

Surely theres something that fits this :)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Me and the family go to Adeje in Tenerife (South) every year and its beautiful, there is a beach about a 10 minute walk from where I was staying, there isn't a whole lot of drunk lads either and there's a few decent irish bars with some good live music around the area and there is amazing restaurants��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Consider Fuerteventura as well, sounds like Corralejo would fit your requirements fairly spot on. Lots of nice areas in Tenerife though too of course, just don't limit yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Consider Fuerteventura as well, sounds like Corralejo would fit your requirements fairly spot on. Lots of nice areas in Tenerife though too of course, just don't limit yourself.

Im very considering it now 2ndcoming, I completely wrote off that Island as I taught it was for old folks.. But read a few comments about it. Can you tell me if the bars around there actually get busy? Is the place as expensive as Ireland, restaurants etc?

Many young couples in the resort, talking late july

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

check out lanzarotte... Matagorda , playa blanca, los Pocillos or puerto calero all are lovely places...and all close to puerto del carmen if u fancy there, but a bit away to be quieter... Check out the Los Jameos Playa Hotel, thay are super and they do an all inclusive deal whis is great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Im very considering it now 2ndcoming, I completely wrote off that Island as I taught it was for old folks.. But read a few comments about it. Can you tell me if the bars around there actually get busy? Is the place as expensive as Ireland, restaurants etc?

Many young couples in the resort, talking late july

The old folk rep is more fitting to Costa Calma in the south (even the name sounds like a retirement home) and Caleta near the airport but Corralejo is a much better bet for young couples.

Was over there in the off season and in June and there's a grand mix. We met two couples from Liverpool and Southampton and ended up hanging out with them a few days. There's loads of restaurants and a few Irish pubs (regardless of the rep of going to Irish pubs abroad, they're still the best place to meet new pals in holiday resorts), good few disco / cocktail bars as well. It's nowhere near as expensive as Ireland for food or drinks. You can have steak dinner and a bottle of wine in most of the restaurants for 20 quid or less.

Excursions were great as well, recommend the dune buggies and catamaran to Lanzarote.

Lanzarote would be very similar except with stone beaches instead of sand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mrs moneypenny

It's only a 15 minute drive from the airport to Las Americas and only a 4 hour journey from Dublin, I've done it many a time. Ryanair have been known for doing it in under 4 hours. Look into Los Cristianos instead of Las Americas, it's a bit more quiet but still lively. Have fun. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

It's only a 15 minute drive from the airport to Las Americas and only a 4 hour journey from Dublin, I've done it many a time. Ryanair have been known for doing it in under 4 hours. Look into Los Cristianos instead of Las Americas, it's a bit more quiet but still lively. Have fun. :)

Definately! It may be 90 mins from TFN tenerife north, but TFS south/reina sofia, is only 20 mins and thats the one Ryanair and Aer Lingus fly into. I always go to Los Cristianos. Its a fiver taxi from the mad houses of Veronicas if you wish, but is a leisurely walk from loads of little pubs. I am going again in July. If you like rock music, check out the SAX BAR. Live rock band every night.

I cannot wait.

Advertisement