Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle this weekend

Options
  • 06-03-2015 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I'm heading down for the first time and I know that I will find plenty of delightful things but if there is anything on that you think I should be aware of, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Off the top of my head I cant think of anything special this weekend. Bit of a lull before the film festival etc

Check out http://www.westkerrylive.ie/ or pick up the magazine (free) in most hotels and shops.

If I think of anything I'll let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dineen

There's a group of us heading to Dingle all single lads early to mid 30s. Where would be the best pubs clubs for a bit of craic. Was looking at the Hillgrove facebook page and by the look of it, it looks like for 18 year olds only. Any recommendations?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Dineen wrote: »
    There's a group of us heading to Dingle all single lads early to mid 30s. Where would be the best pubs clubs for a bit of craic. Was looking at the Hillgrove facebook page and by the look of it, it looks like for 18 year olds only. Any recommendations?

The Hillgrove is the only nightclub in Dingle! But there a PLENTY of great pubs there & as dingle isn't a very big town, they are all within walking distance! Be sure to do the Slea Head drive, most amazing views & scenery anywhere! Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

The Hillgrove is a sort of catch-all -- you'll find mostly the younger crowd though. The Droichead Beag, Dingle Pub and Paul Geaneys on Main St are good -- Barr na Sráide and McCarthys on Goat Street, Dick Macks on Green Street and any of the Quay/Strand st pubs from Flahertys to the Marina are good too. The Droichead is a lot of locals choice for late nights, instead of the Hillgrove.
    Any idea what sort of place you want? Music etc? No festival this weekend but get your hands on a West Kerry Live magazine (free) in any shop or petrol station and it usually has any updates.

Advertisement