If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multi room audio again

Options
  • 06-03-2015 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hi , im just in the  the process of wiring my new bulld , have all ways wanted multi room audio ,my layout would be

ZONE 1, kithen , two ceiling speakers , key pad,
    ZONE 2 ,dining room ,two ceiling speakers , key pad , plus 2 more speakers for out side [patio area]
    ZONE 3, main tv room, two ceiling speakers, key pad .
    ZONE 3 , second tv room , two ceiling speakers , key pad ,
    ZONE 4 , master bed room ,changing room ,toilet ,four speakers , key pad ,
    ZONE 5 ,up stairs and down stairs hallway , two speakers , key pad ,
    ZONE 6 ,spare ,

I am wiring all speakers to a home run , key pads with cat5 back to same area ,
    I want to be able to control system with both key pads and ipad ,and be able to have tv ,radio,hifi etc played ,

What system would suit , have been looking at russound ,hai hi-fi2,on americian sites,
    what would i be looking at price wise , im a electrician , so set up should be no problem , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭086lavey

Any one ???

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Sorry for the delay 086lavey I have asked John to field this question as he is our resident multi room guru 

Regards Stephen

Thank you 

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

086lavey wrote: »
    hi , im just in the  the process of wiring my new bulld , have all ways wanted multi room audio ,my layout would be

ZONE 1, kithen , two ceiling speakers , key pad,
    ZONE 2 ,dining room ,two ceiling speakers , key pad , plus 2 more speakers for out side [patio area]
    ZONE 3, main tv room, two ceiling speakers, key pad .
    ZONE 3 , second tv room , two ceiling speakers , key pad ,
    ZONE 4 , master bed room ,changing room ,toilet ,four speakers , key pad ,
    ZONE 5 ,up stairs and down stairs hallway , two speakers , key pad ,
    ZONE 6 ,spare ,

I am wiring all speakers to a home run , key pads with cat5 back to same area ,
    I want to be able to control system with both key pads and ipad ,and be able to have tv ,radio,hifi etc played ,

What system would suit , have been looking at russound ,hai hi-fi2,on americian sites,
    what would i be looking at price wise , im a electrician , so set up should be no problem , thanks
    086lavey,

apologies for the delay getting back to you :o....

Great that you are a sparks as that will really cut down on the complications! There are now a myriad of systems available and some use Wifi which releases you from the need for fixed keypads and allows you to use either Android pads or iPads / phones to allow you to control your system - of course you can also wall mount most of these devices with the many mounting kits available ( such as iStone) and these kits will disguise your pads/ phone, when in the skin & wall mounted and also ensure they are charged constantly.

The most popular systems at the moment are the Sonos system which is pretty much the most popular system and is excellent and really easy to use www.sonos.co.uk and if you were to assemble a 6 zone system with good quality in-ceiling speakers as listed above the I would estimate a cost of approx. £3700 to include 6 zones of Sonos amplification, 16 Monitor Audio in-Ceiling speakers, 2 Monitor Audio weatherproof climate series speakers, and 2 wall mounted volume controls / speaker switches ( you will need these to control your external and master-bed / WC zones.

Sonos does work wirelessly, but as an electrician you will already know that if you do wire a Cat5/6 network - it will work that much better!

Whist Sonos is excellent - Denon have recently introduced an alternative and I personally think that it's significantly better - its called HEOS http://dgr.eu.denon.com/uk/heos 

The basic infrastructure of Heos is similar to Sonos, but it does lots more and the HEOS amp is way more powerful and sounds amazing - again for your system you will need 6 HEOS amps, 16 speakers, 2 outdoor speakers and some switches / volume controls etc - however HEOS also gives you an alternative which allows you to use a matching Denon AV Receiver and integrate it into the HEOS system - so you can essentially use your AV system as the hub for your sources and access these sources from any HEOS ZONE ( HEOS is great in that each unit has a USB input / Digital inputs / Analogue input and every one of these inputs can be accessed via ANY other Heos zone!)

So if it was me I would probably go for a Denon AV Receiver for your main TV area - with a HEOS Link and 5 HEOS amps, again 16 in-ceiling speakers, 2 outdoor speakers and a couple of decent quality wall mounted volume pots / switches. From HEOS this would come in at approx. £4000 / €5400 - this is slightly more expensive than the Sonos system but it does include a really high spec AV Receiver and the HEOS amps are more powerful than the Sonos units.

If you are in a position to purchase at the near future HEOS are doing a cracking deal which gives you 20% off your 1st purchase of any HEOS units ( I don't think they expect most Customers to purchase 6 units as their 1st purchase, but Hey! they should be more careful :D If you went with this option this would reduce the system including all the ceiling speakers, AV receiver and all the HEOS units to just £3570 - which actually makes it cheaper than the SONOS system, but give you better quality and way more features and flexibility.

If you would like to send me plans so I can have a more detailed look just pop us some plans to johnmc@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we'll have a closer look and revert asap,

Apologies again for the delay and as ever drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thank you for coming back to me , I have seen sonos before . Great system , but can be expensive , especially when you want to keep with ceiling speakers , think you need a zone amp for each pair , 500 euro a zone there with out buying speakers , seeing as I'm wiring a new build , I would like to have it hard wired , is there any system which you could have a reciver in a central point and six pairs of speakers ran off , and each zone controlled by I pad, I think I will hard wire key pads , but leave them in the walls , like every one I'm on a budget , I'd say 1500 2000 Euro max , 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

086lavey wrote: »
    Thank you for coming back to me , I have seen sonos before . Great system , but can be expensive , especially when you want to keep with ceiling speakers , think you need a zone amp for each pair , 500 euro a zone there with out buying speakers , seeing as I'm wiring a new build , I would like to have it hard wired , is there any system which you could have a reciver in a central point and six pairs of speakers ran off , and each zone controlled by I pad, I think I will hard wire key pads , but leave them in the walls , like every one I'm on a budget , I'd say 1500 2000 Euro max , 
    ...again, apologies for the delay getting back to you..

There are lots of AV receivers out there which will do multi room, but ( to the best of my knowledge) none that will support six different pairs of speakers unless you connect the receiver to some other kit such as Sonos / HEOS.

However there is a keypad based system which you could pair with Apple TV or a QED streamer that will probably squeeze in under your budget including all the speakers and give you a scalable system up to 4 main zones and 4 sub zones - have a look at this and if you are interested I'll work you up a price:

http://www.systemline.co.uk/music-and-more/series/m-series.htm

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.