Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Express entry & open work permit question

Options
  • 06-03-2015 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi guys,

Going through the mill visa wise at the moment. Just wondering if you are eligible to apply for an open work permit when waiting for an invite from express entry. I am eligible for CEC but don't have enough points at the
    Moment as I have no LMIA or PNP.

Don't want to go :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

No, you need a dual intent LMIA or nomination from a province to get a work permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Plus if you're on IEC it cannot be extended and implied status does not count. You need the AOR from the PR application or an LMIA or PMP to get the work permit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Jonty wrote: »
    Plus if you're on IEC it cannot be extended and implied status does not count. You need the AOR from the PR application or an LMIA or PMP to get the work permit

ABC to the DFG to the XYZ. This is why the Canadian visa lark is confusing the sh*t out of me.

Advertisement