Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secretarial Services: Document scanning

Options
  • 06-03-2015 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I have a document (30 pages) that I need to scan but don't have a scanner at home. Is anyone aware of any secretarial services in and around the city that could do this without charging a fortune? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Could try Webworks they might do something.. Or pop into me at lunch time haha

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

op - easist option may be to take Milly33 up on her offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Milly33 wrote: »
    Could try Webworks they might do something.. Or pop into me at lunch time haha

Hi Milly33,
    Thanks for the suggestion, Webworks charge a euro a page (I would be €33ish euro down after the experience). If your open to me 'popping in' and I don't mind at all if you have changed your mind, maybe PM me the details. Really appreciate the offer. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

If you have a good enough camera on your smartphone, would you not maybe consider using it to photograph the pages? Good enough background light quality, no flash, transfer to a computer and you can convert the jpgs to any format you require? Have done this myself in the past, worked fine.

Is it all single pages just pop it in and scan

• Advertisement

Is it all single pages just pop it in and scan

it's a pop in and scan, all one document

I knew I should have started the business. That is mad price from Webworks

I just got a deal in town on the scanning - thank you all for the advice, esp to Milly33 for her generous offer.

All is well then Happy Days..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

All is well then Happy Days..

You could do it for free in the library (as long as you do the scanning)

• Advertisement

that's a handy one to know I thought they would charge too or just use it for library things

mordeith wrote: »
    You could do it for free in the library (as long as you do the scanning)

I never even thought of the library. Nice one, good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

oakshade wrote: »
    I never even thought of the library. Nice one, good to know

Yeah, they have two scanners afaik. You might have to pay the nominal 1 euro for the half hour usage but I'm sure if you're not using the net then it's totally free

thanks mordeith tis good to know..

Advertisement