Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA urge fans to report sexist abuse after fans of united and city shout abuse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Chelsea trying to take the suss of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

BBC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Pretty much, couldn't get over this gem a week or two again on the Chelsea twitter feed:

oHPfUUf.jpg

Chelsea been on Twitter since 2009 but this is the first time they've wished him a happy birthday, hmmm. I wonder why :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

http://gu.com/p/46cgb

In all, the campaign group has recorded 13 similar incidents this season aimed at female staff, officials, journalists and cheerleaders. In the footage from Old Trafford, obtained by the BBC, the crowd chants: “Get your tits out for the lads,” while an individual shouts: “Show us where you piss from, you slag, show us your minge,” to laughter.

At Stamford Bridge, a handful of away supporters chant: “Have you ever had a Gooner up your arse?” at Carneiro.

What the **** is the matter with these people? Do they not have daughters or sisters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I wonder will people come out against the clubs and supporters who've chanted idiotic things as bad as they had with the Chelsea fans on the train?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The mortification if someone said that to me never mind a whole bunch of people :(

Absolute scumbags

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Do we need another thread about Chelsea being racist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

This one isnt about Chelsea fans :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I wonder will people come out against the clubs and supporters who've chanted idiotic things as bad as they had with the Chelsea fans on the train?

I didn't think you were a pain up member of the tinfoil hat brigade, but I may have been wrong it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chants are nowhere near as bad as what happened on the train. But yes, these people are vermin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Theres no comparing the two. Chanting at a football match, admittedly unpleasant chants, isnt the same as physically forcing someone off a train and then chanting about how racist you are. You go to a football match you expect to hear some expletive chants, you go to get the train home from work, you dont. Big difference

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Augmerson wrote: »
    Pretty much, couldn't get over this gem a week or two again on the Chelsea twitter feed:

oHPfUUf.jpg

Chelsea been on Twitter since 2009 but this is the first time they've wished him a happy birthday, hmmm. I wonder why :pac:
    brevity wrote: »
    This one isnt about Chelsea fans :)

My mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah this is just a thread about a Chelsea fan trying to shift focus onto their main rivals after their own trouble. Some of those chants are awful but I've heard similar at games before, thankfully I've never seen anyone not allowed on a train by a bunch of racists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

This one is different...it's about them being racist AND SEXIST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its Manchester united fans so they are from london

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is the third thread in the last few weeks about these kinds of issues and it's blindingly apparent that the good people of this forum are incapable of discussing the actual serious issues at hand when it's much easier to just get digs in at football teams they don't like. On that basis I'm locking this thread, and the other one too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement