Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland 365 Online/Tablet & Mobile Banking Apps Now Displays Retailer Details

Options
  • 06-03-2015 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Ever wondered what 'DEBIT CARD' means when you look at your transactions online? Well now you will see the retailer name instantly when you use your Visa Debit card in store.

·        Before - you used to see the narrative “03MAR Debit Card” until the transaction had been processed
    ·        Now - you will also see the retailer name included in the narrative instead e.g. “03MAR SWEETSHOP ”.

We hope this improves your online experience.

[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Great.  Now maybe you can start improving the in branch experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Something that the other banks have been doing for years! Well done! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Also what days are customer service only & is it the same countrywide?

& how long has that been on statements: 'DEBIT CARD' as that is pretty bland & confusing as you would have to follow up on each statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

& how long has that been on statements: 'DEBIT CARD' as that is pretty bland & confusing as you would have to follow up on each statement?
    Hi Patty O Furniture,

Thanks for your post.

The transaction would have appeared as DEBIT CARD until the retailer processed the transaction in full. After this, the transaction would update to show more information. Therefore when your statement was produced, it would have displayed the retailer's name only for transactions that were fully processed by the retailer.

From last week however, the name of the retailer will now be displayed from the start.

I'm unsure what your first question is in relation to, if you would like to clarify this we will be happy to help you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Hi Patty O Furniture,

Thanks for your post.

The transaction would have appeared as DEBIT CARD until the retailer processed the transaction in full. After this, the transaction would update to show more information. Therefore when your statement was produced, it would have displayed the retailer's name only for transactions that were fully processed by the retailer.

From last week however, the name of the retailer will now be displayed from the start.

I'm unsure what your first question is in relation to, if you would like to clarify this we will be happy to help you.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi,

Well having moved over to BOI in the last while, it is a bit confusing & while i've not looked at my account online yet, i'd imagine that the statements will look a lot better & will be easier to recognise from now on.

My first question was, isnt there only certain days, that CS is only available at counter to deal with the public & i assume it's countrywide or specific to a certain branch only?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Patty O Furniture,

Thanks for your post.

The opening hours for our branches are located here. In the ‘Branch Services Update’ section you will see if there are specific times for cashier service at that particular branch.

If you need any help getting set up for online banking, you can call our dedicated activation team at 1890 365 500. You can also get more information here.

I hope this helps and get in touch again if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola 

Advertisement