Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Female Vocalist: Dublin: Dream Pop

• 06-03-2015 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,

The Essentials (tl;dr)

Female vocalist and songwriter sought to collaborate with male guitarist and synth player on original songs for new dream pop* inspired group.

* Kind of hate that term but I suppose it works...

Location will be Dublin city, rehearsal room not settled on yet.

Age range is from mid-20's upwards.

==================

The Long Version

Think: Beach House, Mazzy Star, Cocteau Twins, The Duke Spirit, My Bloody Valentine, Warpaint, The xx, Chromatics, Ladytron, synths, vapour trail vocals, distant harmonies, 4AD, reverbed guitar, delay pedals, valve amps, etc. :-)

Ability not as important as attitude and creativity. Looking to collaborate with someone who "gets" the idea most of all.

A little about myself : Male guitarist and synth player, have played in a couple of heavier bands down the years but looking for a change of scene and change of direction to suit new material. I can, at a push, do backing vocals but singing is out of my comfort zone, I'm afraid. I don't have my own transport (er, working on that) but I do have a couple of amps, pedals and drum machines lying around and live not too far from a rehearsal studio. Which is nice.

The most important thing: This is about fun and the joy of creating great music. No pressure, no deadlines, nothing like that. The minute it begins to feel like a chore is the minute it should stop.

If any of this sounds interesting drop me a PM and I'd be happy to chat further. And if it doesn't sound interesting then best of luck with whatever you're into :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 cmat69420

hi,

your ad sounds exactly like the sorta thing that i would be great at, without wanting to sound cocky. i also really dislike the term dream pop but the bands you listed are all faves of mine. I guess i should start off by saying that i'm 19 (saw that you wanted mid - 20's upwards but i've been doing stuff with older musicians for a while so i figured i'd just message you anyway) but i am a girl at least?? i know you said that vocal ability wasn't that important which makes me think you want those kinda breathy ethereal vocals? tbh my voice is quite strong but i'm good at tweaking it slightly to suit whatever kinda vibe is going through the music. i have a lot of experience singing live, but since moving back to the city (i moved to denmark for a while last year) i haven't done anything live, just working on my own music and helping pals out with their own projects.

that's enough about me to inform your decision as to whether you wanna talk to me i think? obviously hmu if you have any questions, and if you do wanna talk i'd like to know more about the music, maybe links to stuff you've done or links to any other influences to give me an idea about the sort of stuff you wanna do.

should also say, this is probably both a good and bad thing but i don't have a soundcloud or any musical links up online because i find them quite cringey if they're not well produced ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but i will send you samples of me singing via email if you're interested

thanks! (my email is ciaramathompson @ gmail bc i can't reply via pm for whatever reason, new to boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Heliolicity

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Heliolicity

Another bump

Advertisement