Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank visa debit card fraud

Options
  • 06-03-2015 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Just checked my ulster bank statement and discovered 3 unauthorised transactions.
    2 for aerlingus, each €19.99
    And 1 for chic clothing...it's apparently Kildare village for €301
    All made in the last 10 days.

Rang ulster bank immediately to cancel the card and report these transactions.
    They ve said another transaction for a watch bought online was made yday for €500, it hasn't shown on our statement yet but is showing on ulster banks side.

Just wondering, will they reimburse us. They wouldn't say on the phone but said we do to fill in fraud , unauthorised form after we go through the statement in detail this evening.

Apparently they said the watch purchase can't be stopped.
    It's on its way to some criminals, I wonder will they have a fraud squad that will go out to typos two address or what happens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

acb wrote: »
    Just checked my ulster bank statement and discovered 3 unauthorised transactions.
    2 for aerlingus, each €19.99
    And 1 for chic clothing...it's apparently Kildare village for €301
    All made in the last 10 days.

Rang ulster bank immediately to cancel the card and report these transactions.
    They ve said another transaction for a watch bought online was made yday for €500, it hasn't shown on our statement yet but is showing on ulster banks side.

Just wondering, will they reimburse us. They wouldn't say on the phone but said we do to fill in fraud , unauthorised form after we go through the statement in detail this evening.

Apparently they said the watch purchase can't be stopped.
    It's on its way to some criminals, I wonder will they have a fraud squad that will go out to typos two address or what happens.

Generally the Banks will (after an investigation) refund the card holder, unless they feel the card holder was negligent in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I have had this happen the fraudsters usually do a dummy transaction for a small amount hope you don't notice.

The bank sends you a form and they will investigate and you should be sorted out after a few weeks they will just put a hold on the amount stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had something like this happen with my TSB visa debit recently. They noticed an odd transaction with my account (buying goods from an online shop in Italy). They cancelled my card, sent me out a form which I had to fill out and get signed in my local Garda station and send back.

The unauthorised transaction took place on a Wednesday, I got the form and sent it back on Friday. I received my new PIN on MOnday and on Tuesday I got my new card. The money was back in my account first thing on the following Tuesday.

Advertisement