Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Security Camera

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I don't see WiFi mentioned. So it may have to be hardwired.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

I watched the accompanying video, which says it can connect via WLAN. Now I don't know if that means 1) the camera talks to the router wirelessly, or 2) the camera is wired to some sort of receiver in the house and the receiver connects wirelessly to the router.

It's a pity they don't make these things clear. I'd pick this up in a shot if I thought I could just stick this outside the house and it would be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Here's a you tube video of it, as I cant see the Aldi one online it could be the same but in this video it looks like it's being plugged in directly to router via cable which is pants if your router is nowhere near where you wanna put the camera

http://youtu.be/w0Ur132mY_E

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

vicwatson wrote: »
    Here's a you tube video of it, as I cant see the Aldi one online it could be the same but in this video it looks like it's being plugged in directly to router via cable which is pants if your router is nowhere near where you wanna put the camera

http://youtu.be/w0Ur132mY_E

Have to laugh at the different cameras used.
    The one is the picture does not but the one in the video does.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone pick one up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 BeachView

Is 640 by 480 pixels good? It says it can connect wirelessly to device. It would have to be connected to the power supply too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

BeachView wrote: »
    Is 640 by 480 pixels good? It says it can connect wirelessly to device. It would have to be connected to the power supply too?
    got it earlier.simple to connect to wifi if ur router is in living room otherwise a good flat ethernet cable will be just as good..picture is very good at night too.am happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭aldark

€60, F=3.6mm, glass lens, 0.3mp 1/5" ccd, nightview w/cutoff filter, wifi/ethernet, poe with poe adapter supplied (why bother with wifi when you have to supply power via poe)

options for storing images 1) using manufacturers cloud storage - supra space, 2) your own ftp server.

system has an alarm mode for responding to movement - can write x seconds of images to ftp server, email you or call up a web server(not sure what this one means)

Manufacturer offers a ddns facility where you can connect to the camera on public internet as <yourcameraname>.supra.com

In short, basic tech, storage facilities not good - no option to write to a sd card, no option to write to samba fileshare etc.

Sensor max res is 640x480, approx the same as a 600L analogue camera? Resolution would suggest facial recognition is possible on an axis 5m long.

In purely Irish retail terms, this is very cheap for what it is, but there are vastly superior ip cams available from the interweb for not much more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

aldark wrote: »
    €60, F=3.6mm, glass lens, 0.3mp 1/5" ccd, nightview w/cutoff filter, wifi/ethernet, poe with poe adapter supplied (why bother with wifi when you have to supply power via poe)

options for storing images 1) using manufacturers cloud storage - supra space, 2) your own ftp server.

system has an alarm mode for responding to movement - can write x seconds of images to ftp server, email you or call up a web server(not sure what this one means)

Manufacturer offers a ddns facility where you can connect to the camera on public internet as <yourcameraname>.supra.com

In short, basic tech, storage facilities not good - no option to write to a sd card, no option to write to samba fileshare etc.

Sensor max res is 640x480, approx the same as a 600L analogue camera? Resolution would suggest facial recognition is possible on an axis 5m long.

In purely Irish retail terms, this is very cheap for what it is, but there are vastly superior ip cams available from the interweb for not much more money.
    what u need storage for.motion detection on this works like a charm and can send picure quality to my email when im not there.plus i can also check my cam from my phone.brilliant camera this is.power supply is perfect so can connect to wifi so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭aldark

well, it does email a picture when the motion detection alarm is triggered, but that's not enough e.g. what burglar/perp has their face to the camera - you need to see what they're doing and also if they might be identifiable. One shot won't do this for you. I would want the motion detection to give me a range of alarms then to check the footage either side of the alarm.

what u need storage for.motion detection on this works like a charm and can send picure quality to my email when im not there.plus i can also check my cam from my phone.brilliant camera this is.power supply is perfect so can connect to wifi so easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Rather than start a new thread, Anyone have experience with this camera?
    http://www.jaoyeh.co.uk/smartcam-ip-camera-motion-detection/

Offer on pigsback.com at moment, down to €59, worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Whispers

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Works fine for a while, then breaks and best of luck getting in touch with them. Don't believe me, read these reviews for yourself.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/jaoyeh.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EdisonEdison

Hey bro!I just find some people who helped me...
    But I find something for you, hope it can be help you

You will need a mobile broadband or WiFi service from a service provider. Beyond that, you will simply need a laptop or desktop computer unless you are purchasing a monitor from a security supply company.

If your only concern is the behavior of a housekeeper or babysitter, a simple system will suffice. In this case, you might wish to purchase IP cameras that are easily hidden inside other objects.
    A building housing valuable equipment or personal property might need a more sophisticated surveillance system.

Install the camera hardware. You will likely need a power drill, screw, bolts and mounting brackets. Most cameras will come with the required hardware. See the instruction manual for specific instructions pertaining to your model. IP cameras do not require cables, stripping tools or staple guns like other cameras.

Load the software that came with the surveillance package. This will allow your computer to network with the transmitter/receiver that is getting signals from the cameras. If your cell phone is 3G capable, you will be able to view your camera videos from your cell phone. Some software will allow you to record and store video over the Internet. Motion detectors can also be installed so that video is recorded only when motion is detected.
    The web browser interface will allow you to view your premises in real time either from the computer on the premises or from a remote computer.

Advertisement