Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing contract to my flatmate

Options
  • 06-03-2015 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm leaving the country so I need to pass the contract to my flatmate.

What do I have to do?

Thanks,
    Israel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Israel,

Thanks for getting in touch.

On your last day, take note of the reading on the meter and contact us with this, the name and telephone number of your flatmate, and your forwarding address for your final bill.

Once we input the above information, your account will be closed and you will be billed for usage up to the point of the meter-reading taken on your final day.
    Do advise your flatmate to contact us (or whichever electricity/gas supplier they would like to be registered with) the day you move out also. We would only be calling them if there is a delay with registration of a new account for the premises (in order to prevent vacant premises disconnection. There is a fee for reconnection if this occurs).

We can process the above for you here on Boards.ie if you like. Just send us a private message with the above, and also confirming your Electric Ireland account number, your name and address in full as they appear on your bill, and the telephone number we have for you.

If you are too busy to contact us on the day you move out, that's no problem. The most important thing though is that you take note of the final meter-reading that day; you can contact us afterwards.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement