Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Same Alert Every Day

• 06-03-2015 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

For the last year every day at 12:11pm my iPhone will vibrate and make a sound (Bamboo) and nothing else.

No alert on screen or in notifications menu.

I have checked the notifications settings an no app is set to use bamboo sound.

No app is set to give an alert as sound only.
    Any alerts I have use a different sound and banners.

I have no reminders set in Reminders app or calender.
    Recently upgraded to the iPhone 6 from the 4s and the 'alert' has transferred over.

Have searched on-line and cannot find any solution.
    Anybody here have an idea as it's driving me nuts.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭matban

Do you have a google account linked to the phone and a corresponding recurring google calendar alert?

Or something configured on iCloud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

matban wrote: »
    Do you have a google account linked to the phone and a corresponding recurring google calendar alert?

Or something configured on iCloud?

No nothing like that it all, it really has me stumped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Have you tried resetting all settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Did you look at the clock,you may have accident key set an alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Aeternum wrote: »
    Have you tried resetting all settings?

By doing ths wouldn't I lose all my other settings? Sounds like a nightmare.
    naasrd wrote: »
    Did you look at the clock,you may have accident key set an alarm.

Definitely not an alarm as that would be a continuous sound seems more like a notification as it just makes one sound!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Man that must be annoying! Have you gone into all apps in the settings section and reviewed all of them?

Also, just out of curiosity, have you set do not disturb and airplane mode just before it goes off? Can't see it shedding any light, but just wondering.

Anything in settings > sounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

Hey OP,

Just before you know the alert is going to go off and scroll through the list of apps that are allowed to play sounds.

Note which ones have permission, turn them all off, and then see if it still happens.

If it stops happening, then start turning on permissions for one or some of the apps every day until you can find out which app was doing it.

If it still happens even after turning off all sound permissions from apps then that will rule out your apps being the problem, try sort it out in a logical process of elimination ;) Good Luck

Advertisement