Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity clothes

Options
  • 06-03-2015 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering where you guys are buying maternity clothes?

This is my 2nd pregnancy and have some few bits but need more workwear.

Bought some nice jeans on next online and got some nice casual tops and stuff in H&M.

For work i need to buy myself a selection of dresses or suits as i work in a formal environment and i'm not one for wearing "black trouser suits" every day, some days i can handle but not everyday. i have been looking online and there seems to be very little on offer by way of nice work type dresses. so if anyone has any suggestions i'd really be greatfull!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Asos have nice maternity clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Debenhams red herring have some dresses (or did when I was pg). They are on the casual side (jersey material) but can be dressed up with heels, blazer etc

Also I wore black maternity trousers, black maternity tops (new look and H&M) with a brightly coloured blazer or cardigan in my normal size.

Also scarves or long jewellery are good for brightening up boring maternity clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Asda do a great maternity line at decent orices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Hoping to resurrect this thread to get more recent input from expectant ladies...

I thought I'd pull through in my normal jeans another 2 weeks, but it's getting awkward and uncomfortable now. I'm 17 weeks and have been using the elastic band trick for last week and a half. It's fine if I have a long top but I have some lovely roomy tops that are just that little bit short and would show off the undone zipper :eek:

I've bought a pair of Next under the bump elastic banded bootcut maternity pants in my size online for 35E. They are just "ok", not amazing, feel a little bit too short even thought they're a Regular. I'm also not convinced about the fit, the thighs feel a little narrow, although the hip is fine, they're riding down on me all the time so I gotta do the jump and wiggle to get comfortable in them, and while the band feels on the tight side (could be my constant bloatedness and reflux), it looks like the denim around the seam is scrunched up like it's not stretched enough. I tried their over the bump version in the store a week ago and though that one might be too early as it felt like it was gonna fall off me.

Anyone have suggestion for good maternity jeans? I'm not crazy keen on the dark over the bump ones for 2 reasons, showing up under light-coloured tops, and the heat in summer weather when you have 2 layers over your bump (jeans and top).

Also, I'm going to a wedding in a month in France. I'll need something dressy and light. I'd rather get something that I could wear after as well, e.g. umpire line dress rather than over the bump fitted dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I bought a load of pennys tops and am doing the elastic band trick! I got the belly band extenders but they are bulkier. I am actually finding a lot of long flowy tops that aren't in maternity ranges but that will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I seem to be fine for dresses and tops as I've lots of loose ones, at least for now. Pants are the problem as I tend to wear jeans a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I'm loving my h&m jeans. They've no pockets but are otherwise great.
    Not as happy with the maman Bebe jeans but that's more a sizing issue then anything else I think.

I maternity shopped for a normal summer, I may have to rethink!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I got summer wear in New Look

Jeans and shorts in H&M

I got a dress for a party on ASOS (20% off right now and free delivery)

I got 2 work style dresses in Debenhams (keep an eye out cause the had 25% off 2 weeks ago)

I got some leggins in M&S, but found the rest of their stuff a little dated (these often also have 20% off everything)

I got swim wear online from http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/

I also have been looking in NEXT, Mother Care and Dorothy Perkins (but haven't bought from here yet

Penneys and Dunnes have apparently stopped their maternity ranges

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

IClothing.ie have just started doing maternity in their website. Asos seem to be the best for it, much better range. New Look not too bad either.

Advertisement