Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telly repair shop on the north side.

Options
  • 06-03-2015 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a good telly repair shop...Sutton/Baldoyle/Raheny/Clontarf areas.

Also, do tv repair shops charge to diagnose the problem and if so, what would the going rate be? The tv only cost 150 quid 4 years ago, so just replacing it may be the better option. (It's a 19" plasma flat screen, if that makes any difference.)

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The last time our telly went on the blink we had to pay about €100 just for them to see what was wrong with it. And then extra to fix it.

The place was out in Kinsealy Business Park.

Might be cheaper to buy a new one. Or look on http://www.freetradeireland.ie see if anyone's chucking one out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The last time our telly went on the blink we had to pay about €100 just for them to see what was wrong with it. And then extra to fix it.

The place was out in Kinsealy Business Park.

Lawless Brothers, they only charged me €25 for the look see a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ta. The tv went from working perfectly, to showing just a blank white screen with no picture in the blink of an eye. My gut tells me that something in the LED screen itself has blown, that can be diagnosed fairly sharpish, even if it may not be easy or cheap to fix. So I'd rather not cough up big bucks to diagnose the problem,when the telly didn't cost all that much to begin with.

Advertisement