Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypothetical Situation

• 06-03-2015 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

What would you do if you found a dog, no more than a year old, covered in muck and dirt matted into his hair, freezing cold given the recent weather and looking a little underweight, with really bad case of worms (when you found him, a worm almost a foot long was hanging out of his backside) and huge ticks on each ear – and then not long after, you spotted a “Dog Missing” poster that advertised said dog as missing, and described as a “much-loved family pet”?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Could the deterioration have happened in the time since he had been gone missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Could the deterioration have happened in the time since he had been gone missing?

Perhaps, but if said poster only went up today for instance?

Besides, I don't know how long it takes a worm to grow to that length, but would that indicate the dog hadn't been wormed in a long time?

Well they are hardly going to advertise a "fairly neglected family pet".

How long from when you found him to when he was advertised? They may have taken the attitude of "oh he'll turn up".

Sounds like they dont really care, maybe an upset child finally persuaded them to advertise.

Regardless, I assume you have seen no such "much loved family pet" about?

What about the neglected dog you found, what did you do with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Well they are hardly going to advertise a "fairly neglected family pet".

How long from when you found him to when he was advertised? They may have taken the attitude of "oh he'll turn up".

Sounds like they dont really care, maybe an upset child finally persuaded them to advertise.

Regardless, I assume you have seen no such "much loved family pet" about?

What about the neglected dog you found, what did you do with him?

Hypothetical situation! Not me, I live in a high rise 1 bed apartment so no chance I could rescue any dog.

Had I found said dog, I would have him treated first and would be in 2 minds about returning him to such neglectful owners.

Well luckily as its a hypothetical situation you dont have to worry about returning the dog.

• Advertisement
Advertisement