Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockers in Howth Dart Station?

Options
  • 06-03-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

Are there lockers in Howth Dart station?

I'm doing the Harbour to Harbour walk on Paddy's Day but I'll have to go to the airport directly after it. The best plan so far is to go to Howth the day before and leave my luggage in a locker overnight, then walk Dun Laoghaire to Howth on the day, pick up my bag and get a taxi to the airport. But it kind of hinges on there being somewhere in Howth I can leave a bag.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

None that I've ever heard of and there's no hotels any more in Howth. So you are out of luck.

However, that said, I have a solution for you, PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,767 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

tricky D wrote: »
    and there's no hotels any more in Howth.

Huh? Has King Sitric closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

Leave your bag in the airport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

No it's open and has rooms. I'd call it more a B&B but hotel would also describe it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There are no luggage storage facilities at Howth Dart station. The Royal Marine Hotel in Sutton (1 Dart stop away, or 5 mins on the bus) may agree to mind your luggage for you.

Btw, if you want to save yourself taxi fare, the 102 bus goes to the airport from Sutton Dart station. The trip takes about 40-50 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Thanks for all the advice folks, have managed to bully someone into bringing it to me in Howth :D

Advertisement