Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to set up efibre account - nightmare service

Options
  • 06-03-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I signed up online over 3 weeks ago for efibre evision bundle. All went through ok and I got confirmation email saying someone would be in touch in a few days. After 3 days I heard nothing so I called eircom. They said the account had been cancelled but they could set up the order again over the phone.
    That was fine and took about an hour. I had to take a different deal as the one I had wanted expired the previous day but I accepted it. After another few days of hearing nothing I called again and was told the order had been cancelled again but your loyalty dept (I have his name if you need it) assured me he would process the order but that he would need to send me out a broadband box and once I plugged it in he would upgrade the service to efibre and send out the evision box and the technician etc.

The broadband box was on my doorstep when I got home yesterday so I plugged it in. I decided to call eircom again this afternoon to ensure all was ok. I was told that my account was in the process of being cancelled but if I just wait until the line is fully disconnected etc next week I can speak to a sales agent and put through a new order again. I asked to speak to a manager or someone with authority and was told nobody was available. I was told that if I want to leave the account cancelled they will give me an address to post the broadband box back to as there is nothing else anyone there can do.

All I wanted was the evision bundle with one multiroom and the account has been cancelled 3 times due to a 'fault' that nobody can do anything about. Is my only option to move to sky or upc? I live in Finglas D11 and am in an efibre area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Cara10 wrote: »
    I signed up online over 3 weeks ago for efibre evision bundle. All went through ok and I got confirmation email saying someone would be in touch in a few days. After 3 days I heard nothing so I called eircom. They said the account had been cancelled but they could set up the order again over the phone.
    That was fine and took about an hour. I had to take a different deal as the one I had wanted expired the previous day but I accepted it. After another few days of hearing nothing I called again and was told the order had been cancelled again but your loyalty dept (I have his name if you need it) assured me he would process the order but that he would need to send me out a broadband box and once I plugged it in he would upgrade the service to efibre and send out the evision box and the technician etc.

The broadband box was on my doorstep when I got home yesterday so I plugged it in. I decided to call eircom again this afternoon to ensure all was ok. I was told that my account was in the process of being cancelled but if I just wait until the line is fully disconnected etc next week I can speak to a sales agent and put through a new order again. I asked to speak to a manager or someone with authority and was told nobody was available. I was told that if I want to leave the account cancelled they will give me an address to post the broadband box back to as there is nothing else anyone there can do.

All I wanted was the evision bundle with one multiroom and the account has been cancelled 3 times due to a 'fault' that nobody can do anything about. Is my only option to move to sky or upc? I live in Finglas D11 and am in an efibre area.
    I'm very sorry to hear of this Cara10

Please do feel free to PM me your eircom account or order number and I will look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Duplicate thread - closing this one, the other is still live.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement