Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to set up efibre account - nightmare service

Options
  • 06-03-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I signed up online over 3 weeks ago for efibre evision bundle. All went through ok and I got confirmation email saying someone would be in touch in a few days. After 3 days I heard nothing so I called eircom. They said the account had been cancelled but they could set up the order again over the phone.
    That was fine and took about an hour. I had to take a different deal as the one I had wanted expired the previous day but I accepted it. After another few days of hearing nothing I called again and was told the order had been cancelled again but your loyalty dept (I have his name if you need it) assured me he would process the order but that he would need to send me out a broadband box and once I plugged it in he would upgrade the service to efibre and send out the evision box and the technician etc.

The broadband box was on my doorstep when I got home yesterday so I plugged it in. I decided to call eircom again this afternoon to ensure all was ok. I was told that my account was in the process of being cancelled but if I just wait until the line is fully disconnected etc next week I can speak to a sales agent and put through a new order again. I asked to speak to a manager or someone with authority and was told nobody was available. I was told that if I want to leave the account cancelled they will give me an address to post the broadband box back to as there is nothing else anyone there can do.

All I wanted was the evision bundle with one multiroom and the account has been cancelled 3 times due to a 'fault' that nobody can do anything about. Is my only option to move to sky or upc? I live in Finglas D11 and am in an efibre area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Cara10 wrote: »
    I signed up online over 3 weeks ago for efibre evision bundle. All went through ok and I got confirmation email saying someone would be in touch in a few days. After 3 days I heard nothing so I called eircom. They said the account had been cancelled but they could set up the order again over the phone.
    That was fine and took about an hour. I had to take a different deal as the one I had wanted expired the previous day but I accepted it. After another few days of hearing nothing I called again and was told the order had been cancelled again but your loyalty dept (I have his name if you need it) assured me he would process the order but that he would need to send me out a broadband box and once I plugged it in he would upgrade the service to efibre and send out the evision box and the technician etc.

The broadband box was on my doorstep when I got home yesterday so I plugged it in. I decided to call eircom again this afternoon to ensure all was ok. I was told that my account was in the process of being cancelled but if I just wait until the line is fully disconnected etc next week I can speak to a sales agent and put through a new order again. I asked to speak to a manager or someone with authority and was told nobody was available. I was told that if I want to leave the account cancelled they will give me an address to post the broadband box back to as there is nothing else anyone there can do.

All I wanted was the evision bundle with one multiroom and the account has been cancelled 3 times due to a 'fault' that nobody can do anything about. Is my only option to move to sky or upc? I live in Finglas D11 and am in an efibre area.
    Hi Cara10

I can see that the account was not cancelled. Are you still experiencing issues ?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cara10

I called on Friday and was told that account was cancelled and I would have to call again this week and place my order again. I won't do this as it would be the fourth time placing an order. I got an email on Saturday saying my order has been upgraded!!! So I called again and was told that account was cancelled and to ignore the email. Therefore I assume eircom will not be providing me with the service I requested. Please clarify as this is ridiculous!!

Today I have received a second broadband box in the post yet following more conversations yesterday I still have to place a new order later in the week as previous one is still cancelled!! Can you please let me know what the status is on my account today? It is the evision bundle I signed up for not standalone broadband. So far I have 2 broadband boxes , an inactive line and no TV or any other services. Thanks

Today I have received a second broadband box in the post yet following more conversations yesterday I still have to place a new order later in the week as previous one is still cancelled!! Can you please let me know what the status is on my account today? It is the evision bundle I signed up for not standalone broadband. So far I have 2 broadband boxes , an inactive line and no TV or any other services. Thanks
    HI Cara10

I can see that a manual cancellation has been sent today and when that completes the order will need to be replaced. It can take approx 24 to 48 hrs to cancel. I do apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience this is causing.

I will keep you update on the cancellation of the stand alone broadband.

Thanks
    Al

Al, I never ordered stand alone broadband. I ordered the evision bundle. Why have I received 2 broadband modems?

• Advertisement

Al, I never ordered stand alone broadband. I ordered the evision bundle. Why have I received 2 broadband modems?
    Could you please answer my query above and also update me on the status of the services I ordered last month?? Please also ccheck and confirm that there will be no bills issue to me until the services I ordered are fully operational.
    Thanks

Hi Alan,

Could I please get an update on my account re the following:

I have been told for the past 3 weeks that the line will take another 24-48 hrs to cancel following eircom accidently putting the account through for cancellation the day after the line was installed. Has this happened yet? I believe a new order cannot be placed until the line cancels completely. I was speaking to Sharon who assured me that she would follow up on it and call me that morning. I have not heard from her yet. 

Also Sharon was to process a credit note on my account as, to add insult to injury, I was notified via e-mail on Saturday that a bill for 25.02 had been issued. I have since cancelled the DD mandate with the bank so no payments can be processed. Please confirm that this credit note has been processed and that my balance is 0. Could you then please close the account as I doubt I will be placing a new order once the cancellation goes through, given the mess I have had to put up with in the past 4 weeks due to no fault of my own. If I do decide to place a new order I will do it as a separate new account to avoid this mess again, however I am looking at other options at the moment. Please advise me on the 2 queries above asap.

Thanks

Could I please have an update on my account. ? Has the line now cancelled down and has a credit note been issued? I was informed last week that the problem is that the line was accidently put through for cancellation by eircom. However the delay is because it needs to be activated before it can be fully cancelled. I was told yesterday that it had been activated and would then be cancelled. 
    What happens with my line then - how do I go about getting services I originally signed up for (I won't be ordering any services until the credit note is processed and I am assured that the account balance is zero). What happens with the two broadband boxes that arrived on my doorstep (not ordered by me). When will your courier collect them?

Thanks

Could I please have an update on my account. ? Has the line now cancelled down and has a credit note been issued? I was informed last week that the problem is that the line was accidently put through for cancellation by eircom. However the delay is because it needs to be activated before it can be fully cancelled. I was told yesterday that it had been activated and would then be cancelled. 
    What happens with my line then - how do I go about getting services I originally signed up for (I won't be ordering any services until the credit note is processed and I am assured that the account balance is zero). What happens with the two broadband boxes that arrived on my doorstep (not ordered by me). When will your courier collect them?

Thanks
    Hi Cara10

I can see that accounts on 1901 have updated you on the latest position in relation to your account cancellation.

When the account is finally closed down you will then be able to re-order service if you wish.

I can assure you that no payments or outstanding balance will apply to this erroneous account/order however until the account is fully closed down only then will the charges be able to be fully removed.

I have requested more information from eircoms cancellations team regarding an expected timeframe to the full closure of your account.

As soon as I have more information I will let you know right away

Al

Any update on this please. I was told on Thursday that it was being escalated and it should be dealt with in 24 hrs. Have not heard anything since. Thanks

• Advertisement

Any update on this please. I was told on Thursday that it was being escalated and it should be dealt with in 24 hrs. Have not heard anything since. Thanks
    Hi Cara10

I can see that no charges will further apply although the account is open (with no sevices) I will chase this up further and get back to you with final confirmation of cancellation as soon as possible

Thanks
    Al

I really would like to get this dealt with as soon as possible please. Although Eircom can not or do not want to provide me with services, I cannot change to another provider until the line is fully closed. Therefore eircom has prevented me from having any TV or Brodband services for almost two months now due to a 'system' error. It really is unacceptable. 

I really would like to get this dealt with as soon as possible please. Although Eircom can not or do not want to provide me with services, I cannot change to another provider until the line is fully closed. Therefore eircom has prevented me from having any TV or Brodband services for almost two months now due to a 'system' error. It really is unacceptable. 
    I agree Cara10 - this should have been resolved by now - I will continue to chase this up until fully resolved.

As soon as I have more information I'll let you know

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

you need to get out while you can,this is a regular thing with eircom,you only have to look on here to see that...eircom are appalling..why would you even consider using them now because any little issues in the future will never be straight forward ,and will leave you with crap or no service.... run now,they dont know what they are doing

I know, my problem is that I am being billed even though I have never received any services. The line is 'active' but due to a system error in eircom they cannot process any order for me as they accidently put me through for cancellation (the day after they installed the line) and somehow nobody in eircom seems able to actually complete the cancellation. Meanwhile I cannot move to another broadband provider that needs a landline as the line is in limbo, and eircom do not seem able to fix their own mistake. I have not had broadband or TV services for nearly 2 months now! 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Insanity but not entirely surprising with eircom

Hi Cara10

I will do my very best to have this resolved as soon as possible - apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

Al

Still waiting .........

Still waiting .........
    Apologies for these delays Cara10 - I'll update you as soon as possible - In the meantime I would like to reaffirm that you will not be charged for this account.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Eircom should be compensating this customer for appalling service and massive inconvenience directly caused by the woeful incompetence of Eircom not promising that they won't charge! Big deal!

A reminder from the op's final paragraph in the first post:

Surely there is someone at management level in Eircom that realises the need for a 'team' to deal with the ever increasing number of customers who are not just receiving bad service but receiving appalling service and actually bring matters to a rapid conclusion.  

There appears to be no one based on the evidence posted here daily who either has the inclination or the authority to provide proper service - not to mention that no one in "customer care" actually seems to care -it is increasingly obvious too that the reps seem to be up against this inertia as much as the customer.

Will this case be reported to anyone in senior management for an investigation of the serous issues it shows in Eircom's procedures and attitudes.

How can Eircom have a system in place where a customer order can be cancelled so frequently solely through Eircom incompetence and yet the onus is continually placed on the customer to keep ordering?

Even in the forum here there has been a shoddy response - nothing achieved for the customer and huge delays in response times.

No doubt if it found its way into the Irish Times or similar Eircom's PR team would be falling over themselves to "explain".

• Advertisement

When I called eircom on Tuesday/Wednesday last week I was assured by Jamie in the Loyalty team that he would process a credit note immediately to cancel the balance on the the account (he even got me to hold on the line while he was 'processing' the credit!). Yet there is no credit on the account nor has it been cancelled. I cannot use the line with another provider as it is 'sent for cancellation' for over 2 months now (a process which I am assured each time I call takes 24-48 hrs). I have been unable to have broadband or proper TV services for almost 3 months now because of Eircom's inability to fix their own mistake? I have had to pay for extra Gb's etc on individual mobile phones when my family could just be using one wi-fi connection at home.

My young kids are fed up not being able to watch their favourite programmes as I am limited to saorview channels until this is cancelled fully, they also cannot use their tablets (first world problems I know but not ones my family should have to endure because eircom is incompetent). What are you going to do to compensate me for all of the above?

I sent a formal complaint to the ccm email address and got a reply that it would take 10 working days for a response. On the 10th working day after my email I got a reply all right - a survey request asking how well eircom performed in resolving my issue! I am bouncing the e-mail onto com-reg tomorrow morning as I have given eircom every opportunity to resolve their mistake. 

Today I have received this e-mail below: so after eircom cancelling my account (but not actually being able to process it - I now have to give 30 days notice to cancel something I have never received??? Please advise Alan. Also - I didn't speak to anyone so why does the e-mail say they spoke to me today??

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]e spoke to you [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]today[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] in relation to cancelling your bundle service with us. As advised, you are required to give 30 days notice in order for this to happen. Below is a list of instructions which will allow us to progress your cancellation.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please send an email, including your eircom account number (detailed above) and phone number(s) that you wish to cancel to (removed)[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]or please write to eircom Account Administration Unit, Unit 6B Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 15.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The cancellation of your eircom service will be carried out after 30 days upon receipt of your email. If you have already sent an email to cancel but have changed your mind, please contact us on[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1800 503 303[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you,[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]eircom[/font]

Today I have received this e-mail below: so after eircom cancelling my account (but not actually being able to process it - I now have to give 30 days notice to cancel something I have never received??? Please advise Alan. Also - I didn't speak to anyone so why does the e-mail say they spoke to me today??

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]e spoke to you [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]today[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] in relation to cancelling your bundle service with us. As advised, you are required to give 30 days notice in order for this to happen. Below is a list of instructions which will allow us to progress your cancellation.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please send an email, including your eircom account number (detailed above) and phone number(s) that you wish to cancel to (removed)[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]or please write to eircom Account Administration Unit, Unit 6B Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 15.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The cancellation of your eircom service will be carried out after 30 days upon receipt of your email. If you have already sent an email to cancel but have changed your mind, please contact us on[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1800 503 303[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you,[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]eircom[/font]
    Hi Cara10

I'm happy to now confirm that the account is now fully terminated. Ultimately this was through no fault of your own and I would like to sincerely apologise for the delays in closing this account.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for that Alan. If I want to use the line now with another broadband provided what do I do. What is the status of the line now - can it be reactivated with another provider? What is the number associated with the line as I never received a phone number? If it is able to be reactivated for use please send me the line reference number or phone number so that I can use it. Thanks

Thanks for that Alan. If I want to use the line now with another broadband provided what do I do. What is the status of the line now - can it be reactivated with another provider? What is the number associated with the line as I never received a phone number? If it is able to be reactivated for use please send me the line reference number or phone number so that I can use it. Thanks
    You're most welcome Cara10

The Status of the line is now inactive - Basically meaning another provider can reactivate it and take things from there in consideration of any additional services you may want to get.

Ultimately the next step is to contact your preferred provider but before signing up It's best to check with them to see if they can reactivate it - I can't advise on other providers procedures or ability but I am aware some providers can re-activate line and some providers can't.

As this was a broadband only account there is no number attached to the line but there is a "reference number" associated to the line which is 8883-4337509 although you may be asked by the other provider for the lines 'Ard Key' which is 102203.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Just to finally close this out - I got an e-mail today saying that I owe eircom €0.02. Can you please have this balance cleared at your end as I don't want to be receiving reminder letters in future for my overdue bill! Needless to say it is eircom that owes me money at this stage for all my wasted calls and time and effort!! 

Thanks 

Hi Alan,

Just to finally close this out - I got an e-mail today saying that I owe eircom €0.02. Can you please have this balance cleared at your end as I don't want to be receiving reminder letters in future for my overdue bill! Needless to say it is eircom that owes me money at this stage for all my wasted calls and time and effort!! 

Thanks 
    Hi Cara10

Sincere apologies for that, I will ensure that the 2cent is cleared today.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

I can hardly believe it but today I received an e-mail saying my 'eir' bill for October was now ready in my account. The total is €33.39 and will be taken by direct debit apparently. How is this possible since I am not an eircom customer any the account is ceased. Please confirm that there are no direct debit details on file for my 'account' as I will be very upset if any payment is taken since I am not a customer. The failed account number back in april was 20897709 (when I login it says account ceased). 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Alan,

I can hardly believe it but today I received an e-mail saying my 'eir' bill for October was now ready in my account. The total is €33.39 and will be taken by direct debit apparently. How is this possible since I am not an eircom customer any the account is ceased. Please confirm that there are no direct debit details on file for my 'account' as I will be very upset if any payment is taken since I am not a customer. The failed account number back in april was 20897709 (when I login it says account ceased). 
    Hi Cara10

This is an error on the behalf or eir and I can confirm that the balance of this closed account is now 0.00

Apologies for this and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement