Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Nap

• 06-03-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

What's your Nap this year folks?

Mine was Jezki last year for anyone that would listen to me. No proper price on him this year but I think he'll go close.

I've yet to decide on my nap but if Coneygree runs in the RSA he could well be it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Un de Sceaux has a chance I think :pac:

Other than that I think Hargam will win the Triumph hurdle currently 13/2

Djakadam in Gold Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Very Wood RSA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Ned Stark will be my biggest bet even if it's a handicap. So much in his favour and i think he is a class above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Still working out most of my bets and will be having minimum stakes on the handicaps (though enjoy working out who the live ones are).
    My nap has to be Vigil in the bumper.Dermot Weld really fancied this one last year and he ran very well beaten less than 4 lengths by his stablemate Silver Concorde.
    It is significant that Vigil started at 5/1 and the winner was 16s.Weld has kept Vigil qualified for this race again and it would appear that he believes his gelding can win it this year. So we have a horse heavily backed last year to win the race who has been minded this year to have another go,trained by a genius at an ew price (10/I 12/1).Vigil must be backed ew and I will be shocked if he does not go close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

silvianaco conti for me. best form by some distance. ran about as straight as boy george last year, problems sorted and put up a career best in the king george, jumping was electric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Ned Stark will be my biggest bet even if it's a handicap. So much in his favour and i think he is a class above.

Really like him myself, think he has all the attributes to make up into a really top class staying chaser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

With Coneygree running in the GC my NAP is Attaglance.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

Pendra 6/1 for AP on day one. Ruby will likely have the jockeys title by that evening but AP could have a good week too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

One bet this week - Apache Stronghold. Handbrake will be fully disengaged.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Don Poli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Very Wood RSA.

Switched to 4 miler. Still my Nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    One bet this week - Apache Stronghold. Handbrake will be fully disengaged.

Are you implying the horse wasnt out to win any of his races this year? 1st and 2 2nds in grade 1 company would maoe that hard to believe. Not that I dont think he will win, hes in with a great shout but he has shown his best already this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Are you implying the horse wasnt out to win any of his races this year? 1st and 2 2nds in grade 1 company would maoe that hard to believe. Not that I dont think he will win, hes in with a great shout but he has shown his best already this season.

I am implying he has been tenderly ridden all season with this week in mind. Carbery accepted the situation very quickly at Christmas in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    I am implying he has been tenderly ridden all season with this week in mind. Carbery accepted the situation very quickly at Christmas in particular.

I am actually not sure if your being serious, if you are i am lost for words.

Advertisement