Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

The opposite - it is rather satisfying when your assertions are confirmed.

hahahaha You can't even get this right. Lets look at what you said:
    Pats fans repeatedly claimed on here that McDaniels would have learned from McDisaster, that he would be changed and more mature - except he has just proven that he isn't.

Just to point out something your claim in the thread you quoted from was that he will never make it as a Head Coach in the NFL. Lets remember that fact as we read on.

Now lets look at the posts you quoted I will do my post from 2 years ago. I don't need to point out you are wrong on both quote but you are. But anyways 2 year old post.
    I love how you write of a coach based on a couple of seasons with your team as a HC early in his career. It is nonsense to say he will never make it as a HC. He is still only 39 and was only 34/35 when he joined the Broncos. He has plenty to learn and time to grow. Coaches learn as they go sometimes and jumping into the fire early to get a taste of a HC role always gives them a benchmark point of where they are at in their career.

There are plenty of Solid coaches out there both NFL and College that failed with teams early int heir careers as HC and jumped between roles for decades until they grew. McDaniels has plenty of long roads ahead of him and it is way too early in his career to say he will never make it as a HC.

Completely out of context and way too early to quote this post. You fail at pointing out anything. Has he taken another HC role yet? Nope. Is he retiring tomorrow? Nope. Is it still too early to say he wont make it as a HC? Yup

Oh and remember I pointed out the 2 year thing
    jumped between roles for decades until they grew

He has plenty of time to learn. You are hell bent on trying to prove me wrong you fail to even read the post you quoted. Derp

Well unless you are guy who says he doesn't give a sh1te but clearly does and can't stand him.

Comical JRR never fail to amuse me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

well TOss - why am I not surprised - BB and McDisaster can do no wrong - enjoy the ride for the little time you have left.

well TOss - why am I not surprised - BB and McDisaster can do no wrong - enjoy the ride for the little time you have left.

Hate been proven wrong don't you? Oh I dont give a sh1te about Josh McDaniels rabble rabble rabble hahahahahaha

As for enjoying the ride? Cool story bro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Really - do you seriously think that I give a single sh*te about McDaniels?

Pats fans repeatedly claimed on here that McDaniels would have learned from McDisaster, that he would be changed and more mature - except he has just proven that he isn't.

The Pats are welcome to him - he is the epitome of the Patriot Way - and I look forward to the day he is the Pats HC.

That’s a whole lot of giving a sh*te right there.

Quote: Salvatore Mysterious Tutti-frutti
    McDaniels may have learnt a lot from his time in Denver. He was given far too much power and may succeed in a new role if he just focuses on being a HC. He's going to get another shot at some point; until then there's no way of knowing how he'll turn out.

Really? I mean you can’t be that illiterate. I didn’t know them if he learned anything, and I still don’t.
    But you’re probably too busy not giving a sh*te to read what’s actually written.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It was said earlier this season that McDaniels was unlikely to leave because his family is settled in New England and he didn't like how things went for them with the Denver move and the St Louis move.

If he decided to pull out over his family then major kudos to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Really - do you seriously think that I give a single sh*te about McDaniels?

I'd say you give at least 74. And that's only when you've mentioned him by name.

jfvkxUpl.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

eagle eye wrote: »
    It was said earlier this season that McDaniels was unlikely to leave because his family is settled in New England and he didn't like how things went for them with the Denver move and the St Louis move.

After he just made all the coaching staff he hired uproot theirs?

It's still an absolute bitch move.

Knex. wrote: »
    After he just made all the coaching staff he hired uproot theirs?

It's still an absolute bitch move.

They are grown men who are paid a fortune to compensate them for the lack of certainty in their jobs. They can make their own decisions and it's naive to feel sorry for them.

This wouldn't be the first case of someone accepting a counter-offer from their current employer after accepting an offer elsewhere to begin with. Done it myself.

They are grown men who are paid a fortune to compensate them for the lack of certainty in their jobs. They can make their own decisions and it's naive to feel sorry for them.

This wouldn't be the first case of someone accepting a counter-offer from their current employer after accepting an offer elsewhere to begin with. Done it myself.

Said it already but I 100% agree. I have done it myself and have also been burnt in a similar situation but what I took away from it is don't sign anything until the key players has signed already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Colts don't come out of this looking good and are in a tough spot for sure but they dodged a bullet in my opinion.

Nail on the head. The Colts weren't doing anything in 2018 anyway. It's inconvenient but they'll get past it.

They will look back at this in the future and be glad he backed out.

My favourite McDaniels story. Cutty knew he was batsh*t insane after 20 minutes :pac:.
    Shortly after Josh McDaniels moved into his office at Dove Valley, he called in Cutler and his agent, Bus Cook, for a closed-door meeting. The story goes that McDaniels began with a 20-minute dissertation of his resume, how he'd worked his way up the ranks in New England to become Bill Belichick's right-hand man with the offense and how the team would have been nowhere the year before without his tutelage of backup Matt Cassel. He continued on with justification of his hiring by Bowlen.
    After the perplexing recitation of accomplishments, McDaniels suddenly shifted gears.
    He began to bash and berate Cutler and his game to the tune of a verbal flogging neither had ever witnessed. The expletive-laden diatribe went on for a few minutes, after which Cook stood up and told Cutler they were leaving. As they walked down the long hallway past Bowlen's office, Cutler turned to Bus and said, "Get me out of here. I don't care how you do it."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

eagle eye wrote: »

It took a bit longer than I called for the family excuse to come out but you got there
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    To go back on your word shows total selfishness on his part (though I'm sure he'll throw out some family excuse for it).

I'm enjoying watching you guys still twist yourselves in knots to avoid admitting what everyone can see, that it was a sh1tty move by your OC. Keep it up.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Nail on the head. The Colts weren't doing anything in 2018 anyway. It's inconvenient but they'll get past it.

They will look back at this in the future and be glad he backed out.

My favourite McDaniels story. Cutty knew he was batsh*t insane after 20 minutes :pac:.

Highly exaggerated piece that was written by a guy who was no longer on the team nevermind in the room. McDaniels did a lot of things wrong in 2009 but Cutler denied some of the things said in the meeting. More of a fan of Cutler than I am McDaniels and I do feel the truth of that interview is somewhere in between this piece and this article written by Mort

I wont quote the whole thing but
    McDaniels and Cutler agreed on at least one element of the controversy, knocking down a Sunday report on NFL Network that the coach had criticized the quarterback's play in 2008.

"That just isn't true," McDaniels said. "Not a word has been said about that."

Cutler added: "Josh has never said anything negative to me about my play or anything else, for that matter."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

I'm enjoying watching you guys still twist yourselves in knots to avoid admitting what everyone can see, that it was a sh1tty move by your OC. Keep it up.

Twist ourselves in knots? Comical

Bit in bold oh yeah?
    TOss Sweep wrote: »
    I must be the only one who doesn't feel completely for the assistants. Even as someone who got burned in a similar fashion years ago with a job signing contracts before the person who is bringing you there is risky business. IS McDaniels a dick for doing what he did of course but he realistically was within his own right to change his mind. This will all blow over. As usual the media and everyone jumping on the bandwagon.

Nice try though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Billy86 wrote: »
    BizzyC wrote: »
    It's the same if you were moving job yourself, until you've signed a new contract it's still a possibility that you're current employer will counter offer.
    I don't feel bad at all for the Colts, they didn't have him locked in so they shouldn't have started making announcements yet.
    Having said that, the fact that Josh convinced other coaches to come work for him and then pulled out without telling them is a total d!ck move. He should have at least spoken to those guys first.

Does make you wonder what Kraft offered to keep him around, seems unlikely that he's turning down a HC contract now in favour of waiting around another 4-5 years for BB to retire.
    I don't feel sorry for the Colts, it's predictably unprofessional from them to announce/hype up your new head coach while he has yet to sign everything. But as others have pointed out, it is exceptionally sh*tty towards the assistants etc who were about to move their lives and careers a huge distance to work with him.
    As others pointed out? That was literally what my post said, how did you manage to re-iterate what I said in a way that made it look like you disagree?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It seems Tony Dungy also agrees:
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"Haven’t read the article but I can tell you there is NO excuse big enough to justify this. It’s one thing to go back on your word to an organization. But having assistant coaches leave jobs to go with you then leave them out to dry is indefensible. For COMFORT??"[/font]

To be fair, Tony Dungy is among the last people on earth I'd look to for an opinion on anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

To be fair, Tony Dungy is among the last people on earth I'd look to for an opinion on anything.

Especially Colts and Patriots related. He is taking one side completely in that scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

BizzyC wrote: »
    As others pointed out? That was literally what my post said, how did you manage to re-iterate what I said in a way that made it look like you disagree?? :D

It's a talent. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Speaking for me personally, not that long. Spoke about it before, mainly in the Pats thread, that it's been amazing. Was a fan before Bill/Brady, and that won't change after it. I still treasure getting to the SB and going 18:0. Tough to take the loss, but I still put merit in making it.

Don't think you'd find many of the Pats fans howling when Joss was due to leave, and there won't be many high-fiving now that he's staying. He has had the greatest QB to work with, makes the job easier. And then he has Bill running the other side of it, and an owner like Kraft.

If Bill decides to stay around for a few more years, then Joss probably should have gone if he wants to be a HC. But if Kraft did offer him significantly more money, and he felt comfortable in NE, then ok.

The narrative can be that both SF and Indy got lucky. Ok, I'm fine with that. I've no idea if he is more ready now than what he was (as I said, he has a nice setup in NE to look good).

And that's all fair enough. It's just does sometimes stick in the craw of others when it does appear that wagons are circling and naturally it becomes seemingly, MORE than a stereotype. Maybe it so happens that the Pats fans on here are slightly more active than others, but honestly as a long time reader/recent poster of this forum I have noticed it. But then again as a Broncos fan... I might be a tad biased against ye eh?

And as you have said above and TOss mentioned, of course NE fans aren't jumping with joy with him potentially leaving or staying. No one mentioned he did. Some of us just think it's a weird one.

As regards the narrative, I only mentioned SF as it was a scenario that occurred before that had a semblance of similarity and that we can use as part of a story re JMcD. Anyway, he's staying in Foxboro. Que sera sera.

What has this got to do with the Pats losing? Two very different topics. People are obsessed with Patriots fans reacting to anything Patriots

It has to do with the loss merely as a "mood" amplifier. I would wager that Pats fans are more annoyed this week than last. It's natural. You are human!

As I said above, it's got to do with the way some of us non-Pats fans seem to see reaction to Pats related items no matter what they are. Whether it is a case of "circling the wagons" or not, it does come across that way. So apologies if not.

It has all the hallmarks of the lads over on the Kerry GAA board form my POV. Though, nothing quite to that level.

Anyway it's a long off-season. Best to for us all to keep the powder dry. Or until at least I found out that we're still going with the holy trinity at QB and I give up on grid iron full-stop.
    Lesson here is dont sign everyone up until.you have the main piece of the puzzle actually signed up. Also dont make announcements until you have their signature. Business 101. You can call it ****ty all you want but something changed for McDaniels and he decided to stay and i doubt he made any change any of mind before yesterday given he was still convincing staff to leave with him yesterday. Its funny how we are askes if we ever calm down but if McDaniels wasnt a Pats coach the media wouldnt be so upset. As for the other coaches they are used to the world of here today gone tomorrow.

Listen, you're right and no one is disputing this. It just all seems a bit unseemly. The narrative now is that it was for family reasons and that's a big big deal naturally. But his family existed long before Tuesday.

It just seems ****ty.

---

Also I honestly can't be f**ked multi-quoting a lot of your responses to me yesterday. I read them on the bus on the way home from the city and the seething has passed. So :P
    We'll leave it!

---

Is it September yet?

And that's all fair enough. It's just does sometimes stick in the craw of others when it does appear that wagons are circling and naturally it becomes seemingly, MORE than a stereotype. Maybe it so happens that the Pats fans on here are slightly more active than others, but honestly as a long time reader/recent poster of this forum I have noticed it. But then again as a Broncos fan... I might be a tad biased against ye eh?

And as you have said above and TOss mentioned, of course NE fans aren't jumping with joy with him potentially leaving or staying. No one mentioned he did. Some of us just think it's a weird one.

It has to do with the loss merely as a "mood" amplifier. I would wager that Pats fans are more annoyed this week than last. It's natural. You are human!

As I said above, it's got to do with the way some of us non-Pats fans seem to see reaction to Pats related items no matter what they are. Whether it is a case of "circling the wagons" or not, it does come across that way. So apologies if not.
    To be honest, it's nothing to do with circling the wagons. I think some people are OTT about it, as if it worst thing to happen (based on the language used).

Often on here, if a Pats fan has a reaction/comment, the usually "circling the wagon" line comes out; it's as if we can't comment without it being protective (that's the stereotype).

I don't care if it was McDaniels or someone else, I still would say some people are over reacting with their comments. But I'm a Pats fans, so that only means one thing it seems.

You think it's a weird move by him, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree. I understand it if the offer was more money (and maybe the promise of HC in NE within a certain time). The other coaches will have jobs, and for all I know (or any of us know) he phoned them or the Colts to confirm that.

Personally, I still think he should have taken the HC job and moved on. Not that's he's done a bad job, but that it's good (like Patrica) to move on and take that opportunity; get out of Bills shadow. Who knows when Bill decides to move on, he may be stuck as OC for quite some time more.

In terms of annoyance/mood from the loss, not at all. I think we're disappointed, but the mood (from what I can tell) is that we were not good enough and the Eagles deserved it. Remembering back to our first win, I'm happy for the guys in here. It's doesn't hurt the legacy of Bill/Brady/Pats, just a missed opportunity to add to it.
    So ultimately, Que sera sera :D

Pats fans do nothing but get accused of circling. Every conversation descends into circling or some nonsense and then people start blurring the lines by mis quoting and generlizing. We don't all share the same opinion and in fact not all of us have in this thread or the Pats thread. Its a perception thing.

I have said it already I really don't care whether he stayed or left

But there you go again pretending to know what our mood is. Which in itself is comical. Dr Phil?

Not going to bother with this two sweeping generalisations in the same paragraph
    It has all the hallmarks of the lads over on the Kerry GAA board form my POV. Though, nothing quite to that level.

Does it? I don't follow the GAA so I wouldn't know but sounds nothing more than a sweeping generalisation or bad comparison
    Listen, you're right and no one is disputing this. It just all seems a bit unseemly. The narrative now is that it was for family reasons and that's a big big deal naturally. But his family existed long before Tuesday.

It just seems ****ty.

I not once mentioned his family. You need to learn to quote the right people. In fact the only thing I mentioned was he must have gotten a better offer from the Pats and it turns out I was right. Buck O Money.
    Also I honestly can't be f**ked multi-quoting a lot of your responses to me yesterday. I read them on the bus on the way home from the city and the seething has passed. So :P
    We'll leave it!

Then ignore my posts and move on

Billy86 wrote: »
    It's a talent. :p

it truly is you caught me out with it a few times. I got all fired up and then realized wait is he actually saying the same thing I just dont know anymore :pac:

Pats fans do nothing but get accused of circling. Every conversation descends into circling or some nonsense and then people start blurring the lines by mis quoting and generlizing. We don't all share the same opinion and in fact not all of us have in this thread or the Pats thread. Its a perception thing.

I have said it already I really don't care whether he stayed or left

But there you go again pretending to know what our mood is. Which in itself is comical. Dr Phil?

Not going to bother with this two sweeping generalisations in the same paragraph

Does it? I don't follow the GAA so I wouldn't know but sounds nothing more than a sweeping generalisation or bad comparison

I not once mentioned his family. You need to learn to quote the right people. In fact the only thing I mentioned was he must have gotten a better offer from the Pats and it turns out I was right. Buck O Money.

Then ignore my posts and move on

Mother of God you are relentless. Finding accusations where there are none is definitely a talent. And as I said a prime reason why there is a "perception" of your fanbase. I mean we as outsiders didn't lick it up off the stones.

Almost all of my post was an olive branch.

Anyway, the sh1thead is staying in NE. Let's see what it comes to in the off-season. Moving on...

---

Now that that's over... where in the world is Kirk gonna go?

Mother of God you are relentless. Finding accusations where there are none is definitely a talent. And as I said a prime reason why there is a "perception" of your fanbase. I mean we as outsiders didn't lick it up off the stones.

What are you talking about? Finding accusations haha
    Almost all of my post was an olive branch.

Funny way of showing it. Hilarious.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? Finding accusations haha

Funny way of showing it. Hilarious.

Hilarious alright. You are so right. Amazing how munstermagic above you got what I was saying and the sentiment in which it was meant and yet here we go...

Good luck TOss. May we engage over the spring in a more constructive manner. 'Cos this level of engagement is tedious.

Hilarious alright. You are so right. Amazing how munstermagic above you got what I was saying and the sentiment in which it was meant and yet here we go...

Good luck TOss. May we engage over the spring in a more constructive manner. 'Cos this level of engagement is tedious.

but yet you keep responding instead of ignoring and moving on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Make it stop mods!

but yet you keep responding instead of ignoring and moving on :D

Has there ever been a more ironic post in the history of boards?

I tell you what, I'll let you respond to this and then you'll have the last word and I promise I'll stop engaging on this matter?

Deal? Good boy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OK, let's draw a line under this debate at this stage. It doesn't look to be going anywhere and the posts are not really adding anything to the conversation. If you want to continue the conversation please do so over PM.

Any questions via PM please, not on thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jimmy G signs 5 year deal for 137.5 million. Highest ever for QB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Jimmy G gets paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Wow. The 49ers weren't messing around. The complete reverse of the Cousins situation in Washington, but he really did look the real deal in the few games he played for them (and the Patriots during Brady's absence)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

...sets the market for Cousins too. I think the Broncos just got priced out of that particular race.
    Washington getting Alex Smith for 20m per is looking like a good bit of business now.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Jimmy G signs 5 year deal for 137.5 million. Highest ever for QB

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Aaron Rodgers is going to make fcuking bank

...sets the market for Cousins too. I think the Broncos just got priced out of that particular race.
    Washington getting Alex Smith for 20m per is looking like a good bit of business now.

What's the limit on the Broncos so?

Calculating cap space is not my forte!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Not a bad salary after 7 starts

If Jimmy G continues that end of season team changing form into next season that salary will look cheap down the line

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mega mega money for a guy with 5 starts.

But in 5 years I believe this will be viewed as a shrewd move.

But Mariota Rodgers et al gonna get paid

Getting it done before Cousins signs anything was good work (with even the likes of Bridgewater and Bradford potentially pushing up the price from the lower end). With the bar set at an aging, never quite world beater, Smith signing for an average $23.5m, this deal isn’t bad.

Even if there is a small drop off in Garoppolo’s performance this will look cheap in a year or two. Next year Matt Ryan will be the big contract to be signed and then 2020 will be crazy with Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota all up.

Best thing about it is that it was done quickly with no fuss and annoying the player you hope will be your Franchise QB. 49ers will still have the second most cap space going into FA and with him signed up the team should be an extremely attractive location for guys hitting the market.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Getting it done before Cousins signs anything was good work (with even the likes of Bridgewater and Bradford potentially pushing up the price from the lower end). With the bar set at an aging, never quite world beater, Smith signing for an average $23.5m, this deal isn’t bad.

Even if there is a small drop off in Garoppolo’s performance this will look cheap in a year or two. Next year Matt Ryan will be the big contract to be signed and then 2020 will be crazy with Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota all up.

Best thing about it is that it was done quickly with no fuss and annoying the player you hope will be your Franchise QB. 49ers will still have the second most cap space going into FA and with him signed up the team should be an extremely attractive location for guys hitting the market.

I'd sign that contract with no fuss too:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Risky enough by the 49ers. I imagine much of it isn't guaranteed? Especially considering the Osweiler fiasco only happened 2 years ago.
    And by all means I think he'll be a raging success, but he's started <10 games in his career.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah interested to see the year by year breakdown and the guarentees etc. 49ers have a boatload of cap space though. I'm glad they got it done quickly though and didn't mess around with the franchise tag etc.

Once they traded for him they were always going to sign up long term. This deal also gives JG an oppurtunity for another pay day around age 31 or so.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah interested to see the year by year breakdown and the guarentees etc. 49ers have a boatload of cap space though. I'm glad they got it done quickly though and didn't mess around with the franchise tag etc.

Once they traded for him they were always going to sign up long term. This deal also gives JG an oppurtunity for another pay day around age 31 or so.

Same year as both Lynch and Shanahan are finished their initial contracts. It'll be a stressful off season in 2023 :( :pac:

On the contract, I'm guessing there will be high guarantees but a lot of that will be due to front loading the contract while we have so much cap space.

What's the limit on the Broncos so?

Calculating cap space is not my forte!

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Best website out there for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Best website out there for it

Yeah it's a great site. Been nosying through it all evening. Didn't realise that SF had so much cash left even with this deal! But every time I use it it goes over my head. You know how there's the perceived space and then whatever the actual hit a certain player will make to the cap that isn't initially obvious and dead money etc...

Like you say, we can't seemingly afford Cousins in this market... We have $26,848,245 according to that but really we have a lot less unless we clear out which kills us anyway.

But there is clearly something else that can be played that I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭letowski

Yeah it's a great site. Been nosying through it all evening. Didn't realise that SF had so much cash left even with this deal! But every time I use it it goes over my head. You know how there's the perceived space and then whatever the actual hit a certain player will make to the cap that isn't initially obvious and dead money etc...

Like you say, we can't seemingly afford Cousins in this market... We have $26,848,245 according to that but really we have a lot less unless we clear out which kills us anyway.

But there is clearly something else that can be played that I don't know.

You need $8-10 million to sign your draft picks too.

letowski wrote: »
    You need $8-10 million to sign your draft picks too.

Yuss! See this is the exact thing I never think about. North American sport money just absolutely goes over my head. I'm a hockey fan too and I just ignore it. It's madness!

• Advertisement

Risky enough by the 49ers. I imagine much of it isn't guaranteed? Especially considering the Osweiler fiasco only happened 2 years ago.
    And by all means I think he'll be a raging success, but he's started <10 games in his career.

I think it would be a bigger risk not to sign him up. If he plays a year under the tag they'd get into a similar mess to the Redskins and end up paying more. Sure he might not turn into a superstar but you have to commit to him at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement