Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Not sure I'd use the word "won" as it seems that everyone who registered interest got tickets anyway :pac:
    Apart from the Q&A I'm not sure what else it will involve, more than likely plenty of merchandise stalls around.

Email:
    You have been successful in your application to be in the audience when NFL UK Live comes to Dublin on Saturday March 24 at the Convention Centre Dublin, Spencer Dock, N Wall Quay, North Wall, Dublin 1, D01 T1W6, Ireland.

New York Giants Pro Bowl safety Landon Collins, Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl-winning British running back Jay Ajayi, Seattle Seahwaks Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas, Baltimore Ravens Irish-Dancing running back Alex Collins and NFL co-ordinator Rob Ryan will take part in the NFL UK Live show, presented by Subway.

This event is FREE to attend as Sport Relief is a UK based charity and can therefore not accept donations from Ireland.

The event begins at 7:30pm sharp with doors beginning at 6:00pm. Your name has been added to the guest-list. You do not need to provide the name of your guest so please arrive with them. The event will last until approximately 9: 40pm.

We encourage you to wear your game jerseys so that the hosts know which is your favourite team!

Be aware that seating is limited and available on first-come first-serve basis, so it is advisable to arrive early to ensure your seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Not sure I'd use the word "won" as it seems that everyone who registered interest got tickets anyway :pac:
    Apart from the Q&A I'm not sure what else it will involve, more than likely plenty of merchandise stalls around.

Email:

Few of my mates registered their interest and didn't get them. Also the announcement of it on Facebook had over 500 likes and comments and I doubt everyone was accommodated

Would be fantastic if there was a lot of merch however I reckon it'll only be of the teams represented on the night and some ad hoc Patriots stuff

Few of my mates registered their interest and didn't get them. Also the announcement of it on Facebook had over 500 likes and comments and I doubt everyone was accommodated

Would be fantastic if there was a lot of merch however I reckon it'll only be of the teams represented on the night and some ad hoc Patriots stuff
    Oh didn't know that. Saw a lot of Twitter replies with people saying they got tickets and the website said if you preregistered interest you were guaranteed tickets. Suppose if you didn't you wouldn't brag about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Saints owner, Tom Benson has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭colmufc

I "won" 2 tickets also , really looking forward to it now , I doubt there will be March thou considering it's technically a charity event
    Holding for a few freebies on the night although I don't want to be a walking advert for subway ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Vontaze burfict has been suspended for four games. With his form how is he still the league ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Football ability, he's one of the best in the league. He's an absolute difference maker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

This is hilarious

el4oqd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Source for that: http://www.thedrawplay.com/ (image is a larger and there's a write up)

He's a giants fan that posts on the Giants subreddit from time to time. Always enjoy his content!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Anyone not going to use their tickets to this NFL Dublin event?

Dibs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Dibs!!

Can i be next in line.. only one ticket required??

Dibs!!

I won 2 pairs but they're both in my name, I don't know how that would work if I gave a pair to someone? :confused:

I won 2 pairs but they're both in my name, I don't know how that would work if I gave a pair to someone? :confused:

friend-inbetweeners.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Interesting perspective from Sherman on being cut and the negotiations with the 49ers

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/richard-sherman-49ers-seahawks-free-agency

Have we hit peak NFL off season already?? A naked Zay Jones being arrested for trying to jump through a 30th floor window, claiming he wanted to 'Fight for Jesus'.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/976249425336004614

Lucky his brother was there to stop him. At this stage it would nearly be safer for the players if the season was made longer, less time to get themselves into trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mental, what do some of these guys be doing with themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Same. I got two 'winning' emails to my same email address, 2 hours apart. If I print off both will four people get access?

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Same. I got two 'winning' emails to my same email address, 2 hours apart. If I print off both will four people get access?

I’m in same boat- used work and personal email addresses, got emails on each, not sure if I put my name down on both or if I put mine on one and girlfriend on other

I’m in same boat- used work and personal email addresses, got emails on each, not sure if I put my name down on both or if I put mine on one and girlfriend on other

Agh mate....

Can i be your .........

Screen-Shot-2016-11-02-at-15.00.56.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

do the fixtures dates come out after the draft?

• Advertisement

peejay1986 wrote: »
    No, look again. The first email has a typo in it, the date of the event was wrong.
    It's the same invite just fixed.

Not sure how you could pass on an envite to someone else as there are no "tickets" as such, just your name on a list plus guest.

No, look again. The first email has a typo in it, the date of the event was wrong.
    It's the same invite just fixed.

Not sure how you could pass on an envite to someone else as there are no "tickets" as such, just your name on a list plus guest.

Aaah, good spot.

We'd actually noticed the Belfast day was down for Dublin on the first but never thought the second was just to fix the typo. They should have referenced it.

I'd assumed I just registered twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭tripperman

gstack166 wrote: »
    do the fixtures dates come out after the draft?

Pre-season should be released shortly, the regular season is just before the draft generally,

After a scaldy first 2 games and 2 victories against eventual Super Bowl teams Patriots and Eagles last year hoping for an opening weekend home game against The Browns or someone of that ilk for my Chiefs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Reckon the players will hang round to meet the fans afterwards?

I might have a spare one but you’d have to meet me at the door and come in with me. (I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

The first comment on this Facebook post by Schefter's is brilliant

dr5aue.jpg

The 2016 Browns finished with a 1-15 record.

Their top QB was Josh McCown, top RB was Isaiah Crowell and their top WR was Terrelle Pryor.

All 3 signed with the Jets this offseason.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That's a solid rotational RB, a good stop-gap QB and a WR with a lot of talent but a lot of question marks too... those three lads aren't why they were 1-15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Josh McCown signed with the Jets last season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Aenaes wrote: »
    Josh McCown signed with the Jets last season though.

To a one year deal, and then another one year deal this year

• Advertisement

Chiefs D still all over the shop

I'd fancy us to put 25+ past most teams with an offence of Watkins, Kelce, Hunt, Hill and Mahomes, but keeping them out at the other end gonna be a right problem this season

Smacks of an 8-8 season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

AdrianII wrote: »
    Reckon the players will hang round to meet the fans afterwards?

I might have a spare one but you’d have to meet me at the door and come in with me. (I think)

I might have spare one too, will post up here if I do.

A word of warning, I "won" tickets to a free event before in the Olympia and they always "oversell the event in case of no-shows" so I missed out by not arriving early enough. I say the convention centre can handle a good crowd tho.

Allen Hurns headed to Big D...
    Dallas gets in the action in free agency...
    $ value is so affordable there's no roster cuts required...

brinty wrote: »
    Allen Hurns headed to Big D...
    Dallas gets in the action in free agency...
    $ value is so affordable there's no roster cuts required...

I like that pick up for them. They really need an injection at WR. For too long they've been ultra reliant on Dez.

I wonder if the Seahawks knew this was coming and the Eagles didnt

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/977253379507355648

Regrettably cannot make the convention centre tomorrow night! I’ve 2 seats reserved, late timing to email them back I’d have thought it is it? If you don’t need identification to get in, I’d gladly send the booking name onto someone who private mails me if interested, if that’ll work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I wonder if the Seahawks knew this was coming and the Eagles didnt
    If true, that's absolutely appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Billy86 wrote: »
    If true, that's absolutely appalling.

Pure Skullduggery if they did know.

Buzzing for tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Munsters new head guy for athletic performance was the browns strength and conditioning coach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

gstack166 wrote: »
    Regrettably cannot make the convention centre tomorrow night! I’ve 2 seats reserved, late timing to email them back I’d have thought it is it? If you don’t need identification to get in, I’d gladly send the booking name onto someone who private mails me if interested, if that’ll work?

I'm in same boat unfortunately, dying to go but something's come up.

If anyone wants to DM me I can forward my name and the email they sent me to gain access.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭colmufc

Anybody stuck to get in ? I've a spot going mate pulled out last min and by last min I mean I was meant to meet him on the luas and he just txt to say he ain't going
    I want to punch some people so much

Cowboys winning at free agency
    Cameron Fleming expected to sign in Dallas
    Depth behind Tyron smith

Cowboys winning at free agency
    Cameron Fleming expected to sign in Dallas
    Depth behind Tyron smith

its nice they win at something. :D yes I'm an eagles fan.

Itssoeasy wrote:
    its nice they win at something. yes I'm an eagles fan.

Classy eagles fans as always
    I'll pass on sinking to that level..

• Advertisement

So eagles fans can't revel in winning a Super Bowl then ? Cowboys fans did it to eagles fans for years. I've not sank to any level actually. It's nice for the eagles to be on top in the NFL and NFC east for once(it might not happen again). The Giants, Cowboys, and redskins will still have more Super Bowls then the eagles come opening night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's standard practice to laugh at 'winning the off-season' claims, always has been.

Sure the Redskins used to win the off-season regularly and then go 6-10.There's even a t-shirt to commemorate.

2cijitz.png

I feel Like you think your being the bigger man but your coming off as petty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Blut2

Hes a Cowboys fan, if he wants to celebrate "winning" in the off season you might as well let him be. Not having anything to celebrate in the playing season for 20+ years must get to a fellow :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement