Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Demott steps down as NXT Trainer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Moneymaker wrote: »
    More DeMott debauchery.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2y5iiv/bill_demott_and_sexual_harassment_coverup/

Surely they can't protect him any longer? Surely?

He has quit.
    I deny the recent allegations made about me, however, to avoid any embarrassment or damage to the WWE, I've decided to step down from my role effective immediately.

So many horror stories, he had to go one way or the other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"None of that ****e happened lads but I'm gonna step down anyway just to be sure"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Good. The guys and girls that love what they do and have earned the right to be there can rest easy with a safer environment now.

This shows the internet has power. Fans do make a difference.

All this happening while Triple H was at the Arnold on the weekend he was being inducted in their Hall of Fame. Man.

Also simply read Naylor's timeline:
    https://twitter.com/NINaylor/with_replies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Any links to what the beef is with him?

Any links to what the beef is with him?

How many do you want? :P

Everything you need to know:
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/3/6/8163089/bill-demott-wwe-trainer-nxt-steps-down

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Rjd2 wrote: »
    He has quit.

He denies it but then quits anyway? That's guilt if ever I saw it!
    Hopefully now the atmosphere in the performance centre is much more positive for the trainees.

More DeMott debauchery.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2y5iiv/bill_demott_and_sexual_harassment_coverup/

Surely they can't protect him any longer? Surely?

I wouldn't say this if this hasn't been said before online but it has.

The two women who were let go for speaking out were Audrey Marie and (Alicia Fox's) Christina Crawford.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

If those girls who were fired for speaking out about his practices went to a lawyer they could sue the arse off WWE.

Then again, with the culture of fear in NXT they probably couldn't get anyone to vouch for what them so they come across as disgruntled ex-employees. Such a sad terrible situation really.

• Advertisement

PWInsider.com has confirmed that Matt Bloom aka Jason Albert, formerly Tensai, has been named the interim Head Trainer and will take over DeMott's duties at the Performance Center and WWE developmental. Whether he is named to that position permanently will remain to be seen.

So there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

When even Bob Holly thinks you take things too far you know you're a scumbag.
    https://twitter.com/TheBobHolly/status/573222626497191937

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Rjd2 wrote: »
    He has quit.

Will people please don't forget what he did to Vinnie on Total Divas? :eek:

His WWE dream was crushed brutally by Bill :(

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    So there you go.

Why not Regal?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why not Regal?

Why Regal?

:pac:

The Head Trainer role is both a lot of administrative work, making sure the facility is running smoothly and yelling instructions.

Practically Regal is very soft spoken and I doubt he can yell across a warehouse filled with 80 or 90 people with six rings squeaking.

Sara Del Rey please. Albert seems like a decent choice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Now that Bill DeMott has quit, the floodgates will open and it'll all come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Why Regal?

:pac:

The Head Trainer role is both a lot of administrative work, making sure the facility is running smoothly and yelling instructions.

Practically Regal is very soft spoken and I doubt he can yell across a warehouse filled with 80 or 90 people with six rings squeaking.
    While regal might not be the shouting type when he talks people listen I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gonna be awkward for EC3 when TNA hire him.

Sara Del Rey please. Albert seems like a decent choice though.

Sara Del Rey is easily the worst name in terms of on the people on staff, number complaints about her as trainer, her interpersonal skills and being on thin ice anyway.
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    While regal might not be the shouting type when he talks people listen I find.

You have to stand beside him and lean in to listen though. He whispers.

• Advertisement

Sara Del Rey is easily the worst name in terms of on the people on staff, number complaints about her as trainer, her interpersonal skills and being on thin ice anyway.

Surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whats the chances of Lance Storm taking over he seems to have a good few of his school doing every year and few heading to NXT.

Surprising.

It is and isn't there's been a lot of bad fan interaction stories about her. She's a very sour person. Not a friend of indie Wrestlers especially women when possible signings are discussed either. No one really knows why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭briany

Whats the chances of Lance Storm taking over he seems to have a good few of his school doing every year and few heading to NXT.

Lance Storm doesn't seem like the "drill sergeant" type WWE are looking for, though. I could be wrong, but he just doesn't come off as a bull-buster and that's what WWE seems to want, it's just they got caught out with Demott in that he was doing it in a sexist/racist/generally shítty way by all accounts and it was turning into a PR disaster. I don't think they're interested in a head trainer with particularly good wrestling skills, just the aforementioned attitude, an intimidating authoritative presence and a good knowledge of the basics. What the hell would a guy like Demott have to really teach someone like Devitt, Owens or Tyson Kidd?

The whole Demott episode is just another example of WWE only moving to make an improvement when it's all turning into a PR disaster. It makes you wonder what we're not seeing. Strangely, the WWE maintains a strange air of complacency about their situation. They're not above being hit with a legal action that could bring them (and possibly the entire industry) to it's knees, though, and with scandal yet again mounting, who's to say it's not on the horizon. What would another round of deaths do, for example? What would have happened if, say, (god forbid) Punk had died from that alleged MRSA infection?

I don't know - sometimes it just seems like WWE is walking a tightrope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yeah I don't understand why they aren't being sued left, right and center. At the very least the sexual harassment stuff and getting sacked for reporting it should be easy money for lawyers.

It got some mainstream attention in the Washington Post.

It was reported recently that Jade Geddes (ex-golfer from Total Divas) was let go from the Talent Relations department which ties in with an anonymous ex-NXT diva who said that a woman in talent relations who stood up for the women who made sexual harassment claims was sacked.

It's the whole institutional thing of protecting their reputation instead of dealing with the core issue; eventually they are going to run out of scapegoats.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Gonna be awkward for EC3 when TNA hire him.

Could be the impetous needed for the return of Derrick Bateman.

Advertisement