Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC ALARM SMS FAULT ?

Options
  • 06-03-2015 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone ,

I am currently having a bit of bother with my hkc quantum70 alarm system.

Usually when my alarm would be 'set off' i would recieve a text message to my mobile to inform me of the matter.But recently i have not been getting my messages to inform me of my alarm 'being set of' untill a neighbour rings me to tell me that the chime is sounding and they go in to unset the alarm . When the alarm is unset , only then does all the sms get sent to each mobile number, which is usless .

Can anybody please give me a hand with this , my engineer is having a bit of bother with what the matter could be.

any help is appriciated , i have the engineers code also
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

can you check the the phone line is wired the right way and that the alarm is set to report alarm events.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Xoxdimplesxox1

it should be , because i am recieveing the sms once the alarm has been unset . I just dont know why it is not sending the sms once the chime is sounding , as it used to do before

it could be backwards meaning its disconnecting the panel from the line.
    are you using GSM or land line

Oh , i wouldnt have a clue how to even check that . My alarm is connected to my landline . i contacted my engineer and asked him to send out somebody to check it out for me but if it is something i could fix myself it would be great .

Enter your engineer code.
    Open up the quantum .two screws under plastic tabs on the right side near the door.
    Take photo of bottom right part of the board and post it.

Please note that come June the text service on the landlines will be switched off so the quantum won't be able to text you from your landline.

• Advertisement

not sure how to post a pic under this thread but i will message you with the picture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

not sure how to post a pic under this thread but i will message you with the picture :)

If you open the control panel the phone line is connected in the bottom right as you look at it. Please turn off the mains if you are doing this yourself. The panels battery will keep the system going while you do this. You need to check if the phone line going into A/B is the main line. It will have 50 plus volts when disconnected. You will need a meter to do same.

Advertisement