Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatically following threads once I post in them

Options
  • 06-03-2015 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hey there,

I've marked this as a technical error, although it could be a feature that I'm looking to disable and find out how.

Any time I post in a thread it automatically follows it which is a bit irritating getting all these notifications for the couple of random threads I've posted in.

Is that an error or a feature that I can disable?

Thanks
    SM

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello SoftMicro.

This sounds straightforward enough. It sounds like you are subscribed to the threads you post in.

You can remove this by going into your User CP. Over to the left in "Your Control Panel", go down to the "Settings & Options" heading, and click "Edit Options".

Scroll down to "Messaging & Notification", and under "Default Thread Subscription Mode", change your "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Do not follow". Scroll down to the bottom, and click on "Save Changes".

This should solve the problem.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Perfect Shield yep that solved it.

Much appreciated
    SM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement