Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal Match Thread 9/3/15 k/o 19.45 BBC.

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

One more thing, why do we play like this when we get the ball?

abIFhDRaj0.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

2ndcoming wrote: »
    It was his second foul of the match though?

Bellerin got a yellow for his first, the number of the foul doesn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I know some people will think I'm on a wind-up when I say this but I honestly believe that if Moyes had the cash to spend that van Gaal did, United would be challenging for the title by now. If he was backed properly when he first took the job and handed £200million to bring in whoever he wanted, it'd be a different club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I know some people will think I'm on a wind-up when I say this but I honestly believe that if Moyes had the cash to spend that van Gaal did, United would be challenging for the title by now. If he was backed properly when he first took the job and handed £200million to bring in whoever he wanted, it'd be a different club.

I reckon the money was there but between himself and Woodward they couldn't get the deals done. Players they bid for probably just said 'David Who?' and said no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    One more thing, why do we play like this when we get the ball?

I'm starting to more and more come to the conclusion (re: the midfield player dropping back) it's either because our CM's are so poor that they can't back themselves to turn an opposition player and make space for themselves in midfield, or that Van Gaal wants them to do it because there's less risky. Reason I'm thinking it could be the former is that we watched Carrick do it all last season aswell. Against Olympiakos he was nearly playing as a sweeper. The reason it could be the latter is that everything we do is risk free yet ends up being the dodgiest possible option we have available.

Oh to see Paul Scholes roll two midfielders and play a delicate chip in behind a defence again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Maybe cause what you write isnt true Van Gall has spent 145 a net spend of around 125, 60 on one player who has been far from his best this year.

Not sure what happened under Moyes but woodward being new to his position certainly didnt help him but we will never know what he would have accomplished this season.

We do know he was set targets and didnt meet them in his first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Tonight we lost to Arsenal, at home, with a midfield three of Coquelin, Cazorla, and Ozil. Any top team would field a midfield that would absolutely plough through that lot. Good on the ball, but children physically. We were beaten by them.

And any top team would also plough through that average United midfield. Give me Ozil and Cazorla over Blind and Herrera any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

"As if Danny Welbeck scoring at Old Trafford wasn't bad enough for Manchester United fans, another one that got away has been at it too.
    Paul Pogba produced a stunning winner to increase Juventus's lead over Roma at the top of Serie A to 11 points with victory over Sassuolo.
    The former Manchester United midfielder fired the ball home from outside of the box as Juve finally broke through Sassuolo's defence in the 82nd minute"

*titters*

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

felanni committed 8 fouls the second most on record in an FA cup match.
    Janazua has more yellow cards for diving than goals for united:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

"As if Danny Welbeck scoring at Old Trafford wasn't bad enough for Manchester United fans, another one that got away has been at it too.
    Paul Pogba produced a stunning winner to increase Juventus's lead over Roma at the top of Serie A to 11 points with victory over Sassuolo.
    The former Manchester United midfielder fired the ball home from outside of the box as Juve finally broke through Sassuolo's defence in the 82nd minute"

*titters*

Both Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverly will appear in the semi finals that United couldn't reach. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Quazzie wrote: »
    Both Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverly will appear in the semi finals that United couldn't reach. :D

Arsenal fans have a lot of experience of this happening in fact many players go on to win medals after they leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Arsenal fans have a lot of experience of this happening in fact many players go on to win medals after they leave.

Cool story bro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It does make me laugh to see some of the Arsenal fans getting so excited about a cup quarter final win, it just goes to show how far they have fallen, they havnt mattered as a club in 7 or 8 years, I used to hate them when they were a threat, nowadays they are like the drunk uncle that turns up a family affairs every now and again, you used to get really annoyed by him but now it's just roll eyes and the thought that he will probably be dead soon anyway so just pass no remarks.

Cup team how are ya.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It does make me laugh to see some of the Arsenal fans getting so excited about a cup quarter final win, it just goes to show how far they have fallen, they havnt mattered as a club in 7 or 8 years, I used to hate them when they were a threat, nowadays they are like the drunk uncle that turns up a family affairs every now and again, you used to get really annoyed by him but now it's just roll eyes and the thought that he will probably be dead soon anyway so just pass no remarks.

Cup team how are ya.

Oh dear

Cup team how are ya.

:D

Lookin forward to seeing Utd's threads in a few years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Cup team how are ya.

Thank you for this. I've feasted on your tears and drank deeply of your sorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Judging how much fans are allowed to celebrate really seems to be the new thing in football. What a load of bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Cup team how are ya.

Your like the uncle who won't let the night end and goes looking for the early house.

It's over man let it lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Git along, little doggies.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Cup team how are ya.

Is this meant to be some intelligent analogy we all think is hilarious?

Embarrassed for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Git along, little doggies.

;)

lick up that bitter tasting milk puss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Cup team how are ya.

tumblr_l9i3ucVqLV1qc073co1_400.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Great win to get the monkey of our backs.

Have to say that the referee performance was so refreshing. In a year of terrible decisions, the ref got everything spot on last night and punished the diving and cynical play of United.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement