Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help disabled hd graphics no picture now.

Options
  • 07-03-2015 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Disabled my intel hd graphics. Thought it was ok to do. Now i have a black screen. Tried restarting the pc. Took out all ppwer leads held down the power button and still nothing. I have a gtx 970 and even when i plug my hdmi into it the screen just says no cables connected. Also says no siginal when my vgi is connected. Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Disabled my intel hd graphics. Thought it was ok to do. Now i have a black screen. Tried restarting the pc. Took out all ppwer leads held down the power button and still nothing. I have a gtx 970 and even when i plug my hdmi into it the screen just says no cables connected. Also says no siginal when my vgi is connected. Please help

Can you get the PC into safe mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Fieldog wrote: »
    Can you get the PC into safe mode?

I dunno how ? I have a z97 gb motherboard tryed f10 and f8 but nothing comes up on the screen except for "no singal" then my monitor goes on standby

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Plug out the graphics card, straight out of the motherboard and boot using the onboard graphics. You should be able to re install the drivers then, so do that, then reseat the card and try it

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Did you do it via windows/OS or the bios? You could try resetting the CMOS if the latter (It will reset all settings to default on the board).

Edit:
    re-read the OP, my bad... you could still try resetting the CMOS. If you don't know how to do it have a look at this video:

gazzamc wrote: »
    Did you do it via windows/OS or the bios? You could try resetting the CMOS if the latter (It will reset all settings to default on the board).

To everyone saying use onboard graphics from the sounds of the OP he disabled it and not a dedicated GPU (as it said Intel HD graphics), can you give us more details OP?
    Disabled it by going into device manager. Thought i didnt need it Seen as i have a nvidia graphics card but obviously i do need it because all in getting is no signal :/ tryed removing the graphics card it didnt work :(

• Advertisement

Disabled it by going into device manager. Thought i didnt need it Seen as i have a nvidia graphics card but obviously i do need it because all in getting is no signal :/ tryed removing the graphics card it didnt work :(

Did you install the nvidia drivers for the gtx970? if you didn't the driver that windows gives it is the "Intel HD graphics"..

If you have more than one PCIe port you could try swapping the card, the pc should pick it up again.

ok guys, I took out the battery and the graphics card,

put the battery back in, left the graphics card out and turned it on

its turning on fine now,

I put the graphics card back in, tried turning it on, and it says "no signal" even when I am connecting the vga(vgi) what ever its called to the motherboard and not the graphics card.

how come my gtx970 is giving me a black screen now? even though I disabled intel hd graphics? I enabled the intel hd graphics again, but still when I put back in my gtx970, the screen appears black no matter what I use whether its a hdmi or vga :(

ok guys, I took out the battery and the graphics card,

put the battery back in, left the graphics card out and turned it on

its turning on fine now,

I put the graphics card back in, tried turning it on, and it says "no signal" even when I am connecting the vga(vgi) what ever its called to the motherboard and not the graphics card.

how come my gtx970 is giving me a black screen now? even though I disabled intel hd graphics? I enabled the intel hd graphics again, but still when I put back in my gtx970, the screen appears black no matter what I use whether its a hdmi or vga :(

Try a different pcie slot, also make sure the gpu is seated properly in the slot and that all cables are plugged in.

Try a different pcie slot, also make sure the gpu is seated properly in the slot and that all cables are plugged in.

Theirs only one pcie slot :( its fitted correctly all times.really cant understand how the graphics card is preventing the monitor from getting a signal even though the monitor is plugged into the motherboard. As soon as i take the graphics card out the pc loads up fine

Theirs only one pcie slot :( its fitted correctly all times.really cant understand how the graphics card is preventing the monitor from getting a signal even though the monitor is plugged into the motherboard. As soon as i take the graphics card out the pc loads up fine

Was the card working prior to disabling the driver?

It sounds like a faulty card or pcie slot, do you have any way of testing the card on another system?

What's your PSU wattage?

• Advertisement

Was the card working prior to disabling the driver?

It sounds like a faulty card or pcie slot, do you have any way of testing the card on another system?

What's your PSU wattage?

Psu is 550. Was working grand before it. Now nothing

Psu is 550. Was working grand before it. Now nothing

Have you tried all outputs on the card? It could be a faulty output..

At this stage there isn't much else you can do without testing components on another machine, you could try removing all components and starting the pc with bare minimum (Mobo, GPU, PSU, 1 stick of RAM at a time)..

I'm sure you took the usual precausions when removing/adding components (and resetting CMOS) but just to be clear, when you removed the GPU (or any other component) did you power down the pc fully and unplug it?

Did you wear an anti-static wristband or touch the inside of the case before touching components?

It sounds like the gpu and/or pcie slot may have been damaged (if it's indeed sitting correctly/and powered) when you moved things around, of course there's no way to confirm this without testing on a different machine or using another working gpu. At the very least if the gpu was working you would get the bios info on start-up.

Advertisement