Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncer seat or swing

Options
  • 07-03-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a bouncer seat or swing? So many on the market I havent a clue what's good. I see some bouncers that turn into a toddler seat, anyone any experience of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We have always had a bouncer seat and find them great.

The swings look very bulky. My brother has one for his little baby too and the swing is quite vigorous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Cheap and cheerful second hand bouncy chair did us through two childen. Think it cost ten euro. They sometimes napped in it, played with the toys, watched their cousins or older sister play from it... When they were too yiung to hold up their own head.

The swing I think is more of a replacement for the jumparoo type activity center? They have to be able to support their head pretty well for them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

You can get swings from newborn. I had a babylo one I got as a gift. Worked well. It had 3 speeds so it wasnt too vigorous for a newborn. It had two positions so baby could lie or kind of sit up. I had been looking at the one that converts to a toddler seat and while it appears to be good value in terms of longevity of use, there's a period from about 5 months to 2 years when very few kids will sit in a chair. I've heard some babies don't like the rocking motion but ours did and took little naps in it. On balance, both the swing and bouncer serve the same purpose so I'd let your budget dictate really. One or the other is handy to have though. I'd second the idea of getting whichever one second hand as all the cloth bits can usually be removed and washed easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Thanks for the replies, wasn't sure what to go for. There are so many in the shops. I also saw some nice ones on adverts and done deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Swing was an absolute godsend for us. Used from birth and allowed me to shower and tidy up etc.

• Advertisement

This is the one we had. I know it's expensive but I'd buy again as it was worth the price 10 times over. It's gone through 2 babies and still as good as new. You can get way cheaper ones aswell.

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-starlite-swing-catch-a-star/4705t0300/type-i/

Thanks Sligo that looks the business. So neat too.:-)

Can the material be washed Sligo 1.? There are loads for sale on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

fall wrote: »

We have the cheapest version, no starlight just swing and it was amazing! My first would have lived in it, slept, the works! Second tolerated it but that was more so her personality than the swing. I would say swing all the way. Not sure re sligo1's one but mine was washable. Lasted 2 of them no problem and we're going to try to sell it soon.

Yep the material can be washed. The music will drive u a bit demented over time tho... Lol lol.ine loved looking up at the coloured lights aswell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

We were given a gift of a folding bouncer. Made by Tiny Love but unfortunately I've no idea where it was bought.. It's a lifesaver! Because it can be folded up very neatly, it's ideal for visiting grandparents etc.

We were given a gift of a folding bouncer. Made by Tiny Love but unfortunately I've no idea where it was bought.. It's a lifesaver! Because it can be folded up very neatly, it's ideal for visiting grandparents etc.

The ones from mamas and papas fold flat too, great for storage and as you said fantastic for travel

That's great. Thanks everyone. Going with the swing option. Hope she likes it now!

That's great. Thanks everyone. Going with the swing option. Hope she likes it now!

Hopefully she will love it :). Mine always used to fall asleep in it so I have to admit
    It would hit the button a couple times for it to keep swinging :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

A bit late to the party but I was going to say we have both bouncer and a rocker from fisher price. The latter was a gift. Son loves both and even at nearly six weeks kicking his feet rocks it for him. Have no experience with the swings but these keep him happy! The light one is upstairs so I can pop him in it while I have a shower/dress beds etc

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hopefully she will love it :). Mine always used to fall asleep in it so I have to admit
    It would hit the button a couple times for it to keep swinging :):)

Just curious - does your swing time out after a set time? Ours does but I wasn't sure if it was across all brands or what. I suppose they'd need to really wouldn't they?

kandr10 wrote: »
    Just curious - does your swing time out after a set time? Ours does but I wasn't sure if it was across all brands or what. I suppose they'd need to really wouldn't they?

Hi kandr, yea out has 3 settings (5,10,15min). You press which one you want and it stops after that amount of time. I'd say it's prob because perhaps they are not recommended to be in it for long periods. I often pressed mine again tho and kept them in for 30min etc if they were happy or snoozing.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hi kandr, yea out has 3 settings (5,10,15min). You press which one you want and it stops after that amount of time. I'd say it's prob because perhaps they are not recommended to be in it for long periods. I often pressed mine again tho and kept them in for 30min etc if they were happy or snoozing.
    Me too! Great invention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We'd a BabyBjorn Babysitter. It was expensive but got it from family as a present (we were asked was there anything we wanted so picked that). It was a godsend, loved it. It folded flat which was great as we hadn't much space and easy to throw in the car, the material comes off easily into the washing machine. It doesn't do anything fancy like automatic rocking, but my two kids loved it. The girl used it for over 2 years, and the boy for one year. There's different height settings for different ages, and as they get bigger they figure out how to bounce themselves! My two often napped in theirs as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Is this the one? They sell them in guineys, they look so handy for taking around with you!
    http://guineys.ie/baby-nursery/tiny-love-take-along-bouncer-red.html

We used a tiny love 3 in 1 rocker napper for our little boy and found it great but he had grown out of it by 5 months. This time we have a fisher price infant to toddler rocker as I wanted something that would last a bit longer. My brother got one for my nephew and he still sits in it now at 2 and a half.

• Advertisement

I have is one, doesn't time out and had adjustable speed http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-slumber-swing-night-time-hugs/4706f3501/type-i/

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

Is this the one? They sell them in guineys, they look so handy for taking around with you!
    http://guineys.ie/baby-nursery/tiny-love-take-along-bouncer-red.html

That's it! Love it :)

Collected swing today that I bought on adverts and she loves it. Popped her in and ate dinner with two hands! Swing was in perfect condition. Delighted. Thanks everyone.

Collected swing today that I bought on adverts and she loves it. Popped her in and ate dinner with two hands! Swing was in perfect condition. Delighted. Thanks everyone.

Omg I remember those days! The first hot dinner we ate with 2 hands (post babies) was tjanks to that swing!!! :):):)

Advertisement