Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N4-GPO , Drive- Cycle Route Options?

• 07-03-2015 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

I'll be working near the GPO for a short while and there's no parking on site and expensive parking on the streets nearby so I was thinking of parking in liffey valley and cycling to avoid traffic along the Quays. What's the best/safest route in from liffey valley? Ballyfermot or Chapelizod or something else? What about the return leg? I don't fancy trying to get through the N4 interchange on a bike.

I'm quite tight for time, I know i can just about make liffey valley for 7 but I start work at 7:30. Would I be better trying to make it into the Phoenix park and cycle from there? Or maybe come through Lucan / strawberry beds? Sorry for all the questions but it's been ages since I worked in the city centre and I'm not sure what traffic is like near there now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭D!armu!d

If you're worried about the M50/N4 junction, you can take the left off-lane before the Deadman's/Liffey Valley and go over the pedestrian bridge which brings you out the far side of Palmerstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

If you've a good level of fitness you'll make it from LV to the GPO in 30 minutes, but not with much time to spare. So I think you might be better driving to the Phoenix Park and cycling from there. At that time of day you'll fly it along the Chapelizod bypass and you'll be at the Phoenix Park quick enough.

I think Lucan/Strawberry Beds is likely to take longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Parked in the Park last 2 days. A quick bomb down the Quays in the morning and a slightly slower return in the evenings but still home in good time. It's working out pretty well for me so far. Might turn on Strava and see what the segment times are like;)

Advertisement