Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

For him to be able to hear he can't be in space. Has to be some atmosphere to conduct the sound (regardless of oxygen content mind)

Yet in the movie he clearly sits there listening to every conversation on Earth despite the laws of physics.

To be honest this is exactly why I never liked Superman. It seems he can do ANYTHING. He can travel to other planets, dimensions, turn back time, he's indestructible. Where the hell is the tension, suspense or jeopardy in that. Other superheroes have one or a limited number of powers and therefore could be beaten by a clever villain. But Superman is unbeatable, where's the fun in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Yet in the movie he clearly sits there listening to every conversation on Earth despite the laws of physics.

To be honest this is exactly why I never liked Superman. It seems he can do ANYTHING. He can travel to other planets, dimensions, turn back time, he's indestructible. Where the hell is the tension, suspense or jeopardy in that. Other superheroes have one or a limited number of powers and therefore could be beaten by a clever villain. But Superman is unbeatable, where's the fun in that!

Unless he's in the exosphere the outer limits of earths atmosphere not a lot of air there, but superman being closer to the sun wouldn't need as much air but he's not technically in space but definitely 35-50000 metres from the earths surface

Totally agree with you. They even refuse to let The Flash be (clearly) faster

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Hold on though, you can't complain that it's boring that Superman's unbeatable, and also that Supergirl is silly for not letting Kara be able to survive in space :P

MJohnston wrote: »
    Hold on though, you can't complain that it's boring that Superman's unbeatable, and also that Supergirl is silly for not letting Kara be able to survive in space :P

Looking for some consistency with SM and SG but even the comic books can't land that one with SM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Superman's vulnerable to magic and other such things, such as mind control. Not forgetting Kryptonite, other Kryptonians and other super strong villains.

And if you get annoyed about his powers, you would've loved when he lost them recently. Because not only did he not lose them completely but there didn't seem to be consistency across the different comics about how much power he still had.

Talks of moving to CW.
    http://www.thewrap.com/supergirl-renewal-drama-talks-center-on-possible-jump-to-cw-budget-cuts-exclusive/

Too bad they've already established Supergirl is an alternate universe. Though if we had a crisis or something occur...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Talks of moving to CW.
    http://www.thewrap.com/supergirl-renewal-drama-talks-center-on-possible-jump-to-cw-budget-cuts-exclusive/

Too bad they've already established Supergirl is an alternate universe. Though if we had a crisis or something occur...

http://tvline.com/2016/05/12/supergirl-renewed-season-2-moves-the-cw/

It has moved

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

In the long run, I think this is for the better. The CW suits the show much better than CBS, and it has the potential to last for many seasons on The CW, which wouldn't have been the case with CBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Superman to appear in the first two episodes of season two
    http://tvline.com/2016/06/06/supergirl-season-2-superman-clark-kent-cast-spoilers/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Being the same network as Smallville, you have to imagine that Tom Welling is a possibility.
    The showrunners are big into nods towards previous incarnations (Helen Slater, Dean Cain).

Sure wasn't Welling a big part of how ridiculously Smallville avoided the costume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Sure wasn't Welling a big part of how ridiculously Smallville avoided the costume?

No.

Read up on it and I see it was some odd show-runnerly justification. Meh. I watched that show the whole way through, and I don't want the taint of it on Supergirl, which is on another level. Tom Welling isn't even that good of an actor that it'd be so egregious to leave him out (then again - Helen Slater). It's a shame Routh is already in the Multiverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Supergirl Season 2 premiers on CW Monday, October 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

" Meh. I watched that show the whole way through, and I don't want the taint of it on Supergirl, which is on another level."

Of the DC shows I would put only the Flash ahead of Smallville with Super girl being the weakest.It survived for 10 years and fair enough it had a lot of weak filler episodes along the way but when it was good it was on another level to the likes of Supergirl and Arrow ( season 3+)

Sorry, have to disagree completely, Arrow or Supergirl on their worst days are still way better than Smallville. SV was permanently terrified of embracing comic book-ness, and it actually got better towards later seasons where they got more daring with things like Booster Gold or the Geoff Johns episodes. But it was still centered around a Superman who could never be Superman, which grew more absurd as time went on. I was firmly hate-watching SV by the end.

Will be confusing if Caitlin ever travels from Flash to that universe and sees her former principal as president. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I've just binged on this over the last few days and I really enjoyed it. The space thing at the end did bother me especially since they mentioned in the previous episode that Superman couldn't come help because he was on an off-world mission. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the next season, I'm presuming we might get a spin-off if he's well received.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I've just binged on this over the last few days and I really enjoyed it. The space thing at the end did bother me especially since they mentioned in the previous episode that Superman couldn't come help because he was on an off-world mission. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the next season, I'm presuming we might get a spin-off if he's well received.

There is no way there will be a Superman spinoff with him being in the films. Any DC show that have had characters that are also in films have either been killed off or removed from the show off screen. Apart from the Flash, no member from the justice league will appear in any of the tv shows even though Supergirl, Flash/Arrow/Legends and movies are separate universes.

I think things might have changed massively since Geoff Johns took over running DC Movies though. The Superman being on Supergirl announcement was very soon after he was made boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It would be very odd to introduce Superman only for him to be bit part on another show although it would be very progressive in terms of him being essentially second fiddle to Supergirl in TV land at least, although it could also back fire with the man coming in to save the girl but I think the show avoided that banana skin very well in season 1. But I feel they must have further plans for him even if it's just a mini-series a-la Agent Carter.

I'm hoping they'll send or kill him off somehow, as I don't know that the show will work as well living under his shadow so much. It was already getting a bit contrived in season 1.

I'm hoping they'll send or kill him off somehow, as I don't know that the show will work as well living under his shadow so much. It was already getting a bit contrived in season 1.

With there being a Crossover for all 4 DC shows in December could this be used to merge the two earths together and get rid of superman at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The easy workaround is to have Superman face a foe he cannot handle alone and contact Supergirl to help him. She arrives in Metropolis, they work together to beat the villain and she's never again in his shadow because it's her that showed up to save the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The CW will show all Season 1 now too

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Is the Superman that's been cast definitely the same Superman/Clark Kent that has skirted around the edges of season 1. I have it in my head that he will be more like a Connor Kent type Superman(boy) rather than the original. Project Cadmus was a major plotpoint at the end of the series with the revelation that Jeremiah has been held there since his supposed death. And Tyler Hoechlin is more or less the same age as Benoist, so hardly the grown man who found Kara's pod over a decade ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

David Ramsey (John Diggle) and Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer) were part of a Fan Favourite Panel at San Diego Comic Con and spoke a little about the Arrow-verse (mostly Arrow, but all shows got a mention so thought it worth posting this in all four threads)...

There will be a Supergirl Panel taking place at SDCC today, so hopefully that will be uploaded and I'll post it here as soon as it is...

Advertisement