Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭squonk

She really is incredibly pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fqju4I7.jpg

Mr E wrote: »
    Fqju4I7.jpg

That looks pretty slick.

I hope Tyler Hoechlin is good in the role. I haven't watched the Teen Wolf series so it's hard to gauge him as an actor. I do remember him being on 7th Heaven years ago, but I think he was brought in for the later seasons after Jessica Biel left and there was no reason to watch anymore... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

That looks awful... I hope it's just a poor shot...

That looks awful... I hope it's just a poor shot...

It's already miles better than Cavill's costume.

Photo from JJ Abrams school of photography.

It's already miles better than Cavill's costume.

Gonna completely disagree with that one. The belt alone is awful. The part where the cape meets the upper chest is actually quite nice but the shoulder pads and the almost Kevlar look of the material is just bad. Also, he doesn't look great in the suit. But I think that's probably just down to a bad shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,559 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't know what he normally looks like, but in that photo his head looks like the Team America version of himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Penn wrote: »
    I don't know what he normally looks like, but in that photo his head looks like the Team America version of himself.

I like the costume, but yeah, this. Then again Melissa's head looks oddly huge in the photo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Superman def looks like a side kick here. Not as powerful looking as Supergirl. Which I can't understand given he's a total beefcake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Think that looks very bad, crest is too big and too high and he looks completely out of proportion, not just his head.

All I can see is lens flare

• Registered Users Posts: 29,015 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Think that looks very bad, crest is too big and too high and he looks completely out of proportion, not just his head.

That's what I was thinking. His legs look stumpy compared to the rest of him.
    The head looks like an animated superhero like Metro Man or something.

I know him from Teen Wolf so I know how he normally looks.

So I think it's just a really bad photo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Has to be a fan made picture, evey single body part is just wrong looking, it's a awful photoshop that's worthy of a Nicholas Cage film poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've started an Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD in the Superheroes forum, which may be helpful when discussing crossovers or the universe as a whole, since not everyone watches all four shows and sometimes people get irritated if you start talking about Arrow in The Flash thread for example, so this could help with that...

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Casting news
    Chris Wood to play Mon-El and Sharon Leal to play Miss Martian
    Kevin Smith will be directing an episode and there will be a 2 part musical crossover with The Flash

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's been annouced that M’gann M’orzz (Miss Martian) will be appearing in season 2. I'm really excited by this, J'onn is the stand out character on this series, imo. He's the character that keeps me watching in spite of all the love triangle nonsense. And I really enjoy the character of M’gann in the comics and the Young Justice cartoon. So this has the potential to be really great. (Though I also wouldn't be surprised if they just use her to generate another love triangle/square/pentagon.:rolleyes:)

http://screenrant.com/supergirl-season-2-miss-martian-manhunter/

• Advertisement

Solid first episode for the second season - the move to The CW was fairly seamless, it still feels very much like Season 1, and even if some of the sets and all the exteriors are different it still works. Tyler Hoechlin is a really good Clark Kent/Superman (dare I say, potentially the best since Christopher Reeve - sorry Dean Cain, you're still awesome).

The season is set up nicely now, with a heap of new characters and a couple of arcs introduced, and looks like they're building to a reasonable explanation of why Cat Grant won't be around.

Yep, it was a very good start. Pretty seamless transition.

I don't really rate Katie McGrath, though - she was very hammy in Merlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

I think Supergirl just stole a sh*t tonne of Flash magic........

Lots of goosebumps moments, jesus I nearly cried...... its Superman on screen doing Superman stuff......not crying over
    martha!

This is the Superman we needed to see in the cinema, this is the stuff missing from the DC cinematic universe........

Thoroughly enjoyable........hope it continues

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Miley Cyrus criticizes Supergirl for "perpetuating gender stereotypes"

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/11/miley-cyrus-criticizes-supergirls-title/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The premiere scored the highest ratings in its time slot that The CW has seen in eight years.
    It was viewed by 3.024 million total viewers and is the highest viewership in The CW’s Monday 8 p.m. ET time slot since an episode of Gossip Girl in 2008.

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/11/supergirl-season-2-premiere-hits-8-year-ratings-high-for-the-cw/

Also some new development for a main character.
    Jimmy Olsen to become Guardian
    CBR

• Registered Users Posts: 29,015 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought Tyler was really good as Superman. Clearly seems to be enjoying himself in the role.

The one part I would like them to sort out is the powers. I know it's whatever is convenient for the story, but sometimes Kara can go somewhere and back really fast and other times she's not that fast. And now the same with Superman. For example, Superman went off and took down the drones, while Kara took too long to defeat the drone. We later saw her stop the debris from landing on Jimmy, coming out of nowhere, so why couldn't she quickly destroy the drone in a blink?

It's the same in The Flash where we have instances of going somewhere and back within a second, but then it takes him a while just to get somewhere at other times.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Miley Cyrus criticizes Supergirl for "perpetuating gender stereotypes"

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/11/miley-cyrus-criticizes-supergirls-title/

Miley Cyrus would wanna get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Did the first season give an in-universe reason for why the heat vision is blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Miley Cyrus would wanna get a grip.

Definitely, she IMO should stick to doing what she does best.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Definitely, she IMO should stick to doing what she does best.

Twerking? :pac:

Advertisement