Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Did the first season give an in-universe reason for why the heat vision is blue?

Nope. I know it's kind of a silly gripe but it really annoys me...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Twerking? :pac:

That and making meh music..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Nope. I know it's kind of a silly gripe but it really annoys me...

I know you meant with regard to the colours used in the comics, but it's technically more scientifically accurate, as blue generally indicates a much greater heat than red (with the exceptions of particular materials that give off specific colours of flame when they burn). Ironically the red part of a flame is the 'coldest' part!

/nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Miley Cyrus criticizes Supergirl for "perpetuating gender stereotypes"

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/11/miley-cyrus-criticizes-supergirls-title/
    Two, what if you’re a little boy who wants to be a girl so bad that this makes you feel bad?

Wut?

Should probably take the word "Super" out of the title for all the little boys who want to fly so bad that not being able to makes them feel bad as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Stark wrote: »
    Wut?

Should probably take the word "Super" out of the title for all the little boys who want to fly so bad that not being able to makes them feel bad as well.

Damned PC seeping into television shows now, though Andrew Kreisberg did fire back at Miley for her comments with this sinker :D
    It’s based on a pre-existing property that’s called Supergirl, so we never had any intention of calling it something other than that.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/11/supergirl-boss-responds-miley-cyrus-show-title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

That's not even political correctness, it's just mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

MJohnston wrote: »
    That's not even political correctness, it's just mental.

Agreed. Frantic extremism is probably what I'd call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Even though the first two episodes of the season had Superman, the third episode is by far the best of the season (dare I say the series) to date...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Saw ep 1 last night.
    SM refuses to work with JJ because he has kryptonite in the base. Next thing we know is SM is staying and presumably works with JJ.

Thought it was a weak episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Saw ep 1 last night.
    SM refuses to work with JJ because he has kryptonite in the base. Next thing we know is SM is staying and presumably works with JJ.

Thought it was a weak episode.

You're not going to like this series

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

youngblood wrote: »
    You're not going to like this series

Maybe not, but I'll still watch it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Really liked the Wonder Woman references in that episode like the spin Supergirl did and the mention of the other jet :)
    Lots of new characters introduced in the episode, be interesting to see what they do with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

soiaf wrote: »
    Really liked the Wonder Woman references in that episode like the spin Supergirl did and the mention of the other jet :)
    Lots of new characters introduced in the episode, be interesting to see what they do with them!

Yes! Absolutely! That was so cool!

Also
    the story was a really well done job on the whole 'jumping to conclusions'/xenophobia/journalistic integrity thing.

AND

MISS MARTIAN!!!! (*blames young justice for excitement level*)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,588 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Melissa Benoist is just adorable as Kara.

loved all the WW references.

Also just realized watching this episode that Alex was Lexie Gray.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Getting a bit tired of her endless whinging and whining. Forgotten how annoying that is, but still enjoyed much of the episode and the reveals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wouldn't the aliens coming out be illegal aliens and at least require visas or something?

So what is Wonder Woman? Also had the not so subtle nod and wink to the invisible jet.

So Sawyer just meets Alex and trusts her enough to bring an alien hunter to a place aliens are pretty much hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Loved the Supergirl/Wonder Woman twirl reference for a few seconds I thought to myself, "What if she's actually Wonder Woman in this universe??"

Not quite but there is more to her story so we will she her back again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Fantastic episode this week I thought. Hint at the overall baddie, let's see how (up to date Arrow/Flash/Legends
    Thawne
    ) fits in.

I didn't think this was going anywhere, but I felt this progressed it somewhat. CW doing a good job so far.

Jimmy Olsen needs to die or go back to the Daily Planet he is the huge weak link in this series and totally annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Jimmy Olsen needs to die or go back to the Daily Planet he is the huge weak link in this series and totally annoying.

But he's a hero. He doesn't have a choice AC, he's just being true to himself ;)

• Advertisement

Also, can't believe no one referenced Aqua in that episode.

Yeah I had the song stuck in my head when they kept saying "Doctor Jones"

Well I guess now that Alex has come out, she's safe from being killed off after what CW had to go through last year with The 100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah I had the song stuck in my head when they kept saying "Doctor Jones"

Well I guess now that Alex has come out, she's safe from being killed off after what CW had to go through last year with The 100

Well they don't kill of the main gay/bi character they just kill off their love interests. I miss Lord and Cat- the Luthor sister is just very boring.

Is Maxwell Lord going to be in this season at all, no mention of him and I can't find anything on Google about the actor quitting. Am I missing something major or have I forgotten that he was killed at the end of season 1?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Is Maxwell Lord going to be in this season at all, no mention of him and I can't find anything on Google about the actor quitting. Am I missing something major or have I forgotten that he was killed at the end of season 1?

I'd say he was written out as he was the wrong sex as they turned Alex gay and don't need him as her love interest this season.

Edit; Also missing from this season Lucy Lane.

I wonder did the two actors Jenna Dewan & Peter Facinelli join Calista Flockhart in refusing to move to Canada for filming.

I wonder did the two actors Jenna Dewan & Peter Facinelli join Calista Flockhart in refusing to move to Canada for filming.

That's what I was thinking but as I said I can't find any stories online, it just feels really odd that Lord hasn't been mentioned given how important he was last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I thought the Supergirl scene where
    she was drained of her energy/life
    looked better special effects wise than how Batman V Superman did
    superman after he brought doomsday into space and they detonated the nuke around them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Its happened before with TV series characters get dropped and are not named every again and Supergirl Season 2 is a soft reboot so certain elements will be quietly forgotten case in point look at Oliver's father in law or even John Diggle's sister and nephew in Arrow

The Guardian story is so bad, they haven't even done an arc of learning how to fight or build a working raltionship with Wynn, which could have been interesting. They've jumped straight to them being a perfectly functional team. How the hell does a journalist take down a navy seal!? Am I forgetting some aspect of his backstory, was of casually mentioned that he studied martial arts?

• Advertisement

He's a photojournalist. Don't you know they're all more skilled at every form of combat than a Navy SEAL? :)

Advertisement