Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The Guardian story is so bad, they haven't even done an arc of learning how to fight or build a working raltionship with Wynn, which could have been interesting. They've jumped straight to them being a perfectly functional team. How the hell does a journalist take down a navy seal!? Am I forgetting some aspect of his backstory, was of casually mentioned that he studied martial arts?

I believe he did mention something about being advanced in several martial arts when trying to convince Wynn to help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I quite enjoyed most of this weeks episode but think the writers are being unnecessarily fair with Alex. She is gay big deal get over it. If it was 20 years ago or even ten ok maybe but nowadays it should not even be such a big issue. I also don,t think Supergirl would have a problem with it. She lives in a big city no doubt would go out to clubs in the big city and no doubt knows and has gay friends so why are they trying to make such a big issue out of it. I also thought it was not very nice of Alexs new friend to let her kiss her and then decide no we are in two different places jeez she at least could have gave her a week or two first and then said its not working out but she would still be friends.

Regarding the Guardian I also must say they should have done a bit of a backstory first maybe let us see him doing some practice fighting first but his suit is cool.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

AMKC wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed most of this weeks episode but think the writers are being unnecessarily fair with Alex. She is gay big deal get over it. If it was 20 years ago or even ten ok maybe but nowadays it should not even be such a big issue.

I'm assuming you're straight then?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked how a portal opened above the table and it just causes a slight interruption and they seemingly don't mention it until work the next day before not bothering about it.

And not to be xenophobic, but how is it aliens seem to be able to afford apartments and have jobs, yet the bar is the first we've really seen of non monster of the week aliens?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Mods, can we please rename this thread to 'Skirt-CBS-US Pace' please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I laughed so hard at that Mick is deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Shouldn't the thread title read Skirt-CW-US Pace instead of Skirt-CBS-US Pace?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ixoy wrote: »
    Mods, can we please rename this thread to 'Skirt-CBS-US Pace' please?
    I laughed so hard at that Mick is deadly.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Shouldn't the thread title read Skirt-CW-US Pace instead of Skirt-CBS-US Pace?

I approve these messages.

It actually would be nice to at least have CBS changed to The CW anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,377 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Melissa Benoist and Blake Jenner are divorcing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Melissa Benoist and Blake Jenner are divorcing

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

The CW has renewed Supergirl for a third season.

Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow.

An ok return episode but it felt all over the place at times.

Still a couple of nice nods to Stargate and Star Trek.

Roulette being cocky is really boring and a useless villain.

Oh and ye the Guardian stuff is sh1t!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I liked the Stargate nod as I had already said the same myself.

Really don't know why Kara seemed so obsessed with saving Izzy and virtually ignored - to the point of rudeness - all the others who were captured.

Incredibly dumb that they left Wynn behind at the stargate - you leave your untrained guy, the only means to get home, by himself without a single guard? What? At least it was more interesting than the very dull Guardian plot. I wasn't a fan of Jimmy as is (he's boring) and this just makes my eyes roll rather than engage me.

I do think Kara and Mon-el though are a lot of fun together.

Just found out after I watched it that Izzy was played by Kevin Smith's daughter. He directed the episode.

And of course Kara was just going to concentrate on Iris. The others were just extras. :)

Kara was in Jimmy's office in this episode both were talking loudly about her being Supergirl and Livewire escaping while all the other super reporters of Catco were out in the reporter ballpen.

What was wrong with that scene was Jimmy's office has no bloody door and the whole office full of super reporters didn't seem to hear anything.

It's the little things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Do not like the james/guardian storyline at all very similar to the wally West character in flash badly written annoying character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Watched it earlier. Couldn't figure it out...Well I could but it was wishy washy.

Hope it improves.

Terri Hatcher who played Lois Lane in The New Adventure Of Superman is joining the cast of Supergirl as a villain.

http://tvline.com/2017/01/31/supergirl-teri-hatcher-season-2-cast-villain/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Terri Hatcher who played Lois Lane in The New Adventure Of Superman is joining the cast of Supergirl as a villain.

http://tvline.com/2017/01/31/supergirl-teri-hatcher-season-2-cast-villain/
    Outstanding news, you can't beat a bit of Terri Hatcher my first childhood crush.

So now we have Win, James, and Super-ish lad in love with her.
    It's worse than Olly, at least he actually had relationships rather than unrequited love crap and an overflowing friend zone

• Advertisement

So now we have Win, James, and Super-ish lad in love with her.
    It's worse than Olly, at least he actually had relationships rather than unrequited love crap and an overflowing friend zone

I think this is symptomatic of the move to the CW. All their superhero shows have a soap opera kind of feel to them. If this becomes a show about the love lives of a bunch of people who also happen to do some superhero stuff when they are not agonising over their love lives, then unfortunatley I will be be turning off.

I feel the show has been a lot less enjoyable this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I don't see any evidence that James and Winn are still considered romantic interests for Kara at all, I think it's purely just Mon-El.

Also, are you kidding on this being symptomatic of a move to the CW? Last year we had a 'love rectangle' between Lucy Lane, James, Kara, and Winn. This year we've had the fantastic Alex coming out storyline, and the James-Kara pairing was ditched with little fallout so quickly in the first CW episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Professionally handsome desk-person - I'm getting that on a T-shirt

We've 15 minutes to stop the reactor from blowing. Maybe we should stand and talk about our feelings instead of Supergirl using her super speed to find what we're looking for. Of course it would've been quicker if she stopped the martian from running away earlier.

There was an awful lot of, couples standing around talking about their feeling this week.

The DEO clearly have a strict dress code. You have to wear your uniform even if you're just calling in on your way to a concert for which you're already dressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yup, this week did nothing for me. Thought I was watching some teen angst tv show instead of a superhero show. Not good.
    Only thing I did like was where she admitted to being juvenile but then later she was rewarded for it? Grow up already...

More and more angst and "romance" for feck sake get back to being a super hero.

Mr Myxlplyx was far too bloody pretty too, at least they showed his power level a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fun episode this week, if not a little bit telegraphed and predictable.

Say what you like about the budding romance, but Benoist and Wood do seem to have good chemistry. Makes you wonder about her divorce. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Mr E wrote: »
    Fun episode this week, if not a little bit telegraphed and predictable.

Say what you like about the budding romance, but Benoist and Wood do seem to have good chemistry. Makes you wonder about her divorce. :)
    I tweeted about it a few weeks back, it's blatantly obvious that it's a lot more than an on screen romance.

Advertisement