Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I forgot that if you want to destroy a computer you just have to destroy the monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I must say the medical staff at the DEO are clearly the greatest in the world. How else could they miss the fact that he has a cybernetic arm? And I'm pretty sure the first thing Superman usually does when he rescues someone is X ray them to make sure they're ok. I'd say Supergirl does the same and she missed it as well.
    Unless they explain it as being able to fool machines

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Always great to see Dean Cain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I must say the medical staff at the DEO are clearly the greatest in the world. How else could they miss the fact that he has a cybernetic arm? And I'm pretty sure the first thing Superman usually does when he rescues someone is X ray them to make sure they're ok. I'd say Supergirl does the same and she missed it as well.
    Unless they explain it as being able to fool machines

Maybe it's special alien cybernetic tech that's undetectable on our earth

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Maybe it's special alien cybernetic tech that's undetectable on our earth

They could have said that it is oganic tissue with a scattering field that projects and image of internal organis also but noooo

• Advertisement

Went very in the news and political with this weeks story.

Woohoo Teri :)

and Hercules

Seeing Hatcher and Sorbo would've been a cool surprise if they hadn't been named in the opening credits.
    Annoying when they do that

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Went very in the news and political with this weeks story
    It was handled better than Arrow's recent political attempt. It made sense with what we've seen of Kara's attempt at journalism so far (she's pretty woeful at her job to be fair, when she even bothers to show up).
    Good to see a bit of movement this week with Cadmus even if the whole alien spaceship was daft.

Someone needs to explain to these people how a crossover usually works. Just lke the 4 show crossover, it's rushed at the end.

The biggest question I had was how did Kara pierce her ears?

Clip on ear rings ;)

• Advertisement

I thought that, but strange having clip on studs. :p

Magnets they are out there. :)

Wee mini miracles on her ears. I like that

I get confused do the 500 odd DEO employees that roam around in the background at the secret base know Kara is Supergirl?

Since she is always there these elite agents can't be that dumb.

Seems that way. Though these are the same agents that were all armed when Teri Hatcher showed up but never seem to be armed when the place is under attack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I don't watch The Flash but seeing as how this weeks episode of Supergirl made perfect sense, it appears that nothing of any great importance happened on The Flash. Can anyone give a quick summary of what happened to Supergirl in the crossover episode just in case it comes up later?

She sang she danced she made up with and kissed Mon-El.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It showed that Melissa Benoist can sing, and she got back with Mon El (after breaking up the week before).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I might give it a watch then, at least the Melissa Benoist bits.

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Melissa Benoist bits.

9a9d3f22cb2c548f1e314f4fd76b6216_if-you-know-what-i-mean-mr-mr-bean-meme-if-you-know-what-i-mean_419-268.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

2 good twists this week, pity it's not back until April 24th

Great episode. Teri Hatcher looks phenomenal for a 52 year old.

I never understand how Winn gets all this alien tech working. And did they even try the teleporter before now since they can now get it to the precise part of a spaceship they want despite having no plans of the ship.

Super powered DC bounty hunters and no Lobo??
    Are you ****ing kidding me!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I never understand how Winn gets all this alien tech working. And did they even try the teleporter before now since they can now get it to the precise part of a spaceship they want despite having no plans of the ship.
    He channels the same techno-wizardry-crap that Felicity does to design computer chips..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Something something something main character

I wonder whether Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher will appear onscreen together in any episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ixoy wrote: »
    He channels the same techno-wizardry-crap that Felicity does to design computer chips..

And Cisco "I managed to make a device in the space of 15 minutes which will bend the very fabric of reality and defies all known laws of physics" Ramon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm glossing over the fact that they are all techno wizards working with tech that is not available to us yet due to the aliens bringing said tech to earth. For Supergirl, add in Jonn's experience as, well, an alien working with alien tech and a hive mind of memories. Cisco has all the help he needed to understand tech from Evil Wells, and Felicity is a super hackzorz genius who also utilises alien tech to further her own agendas (up to and including her current story arc in Arrow). Whatever way it is, i ignore if for the benefit of not trying to find holes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm glossing over the fact that they are all techno wizards working with tech that is not available to us yet due to the aliens bringing said tech to earth. For Supergirl, add in Jonn's experience as, well, an alien working with alien tech and a hive mind of memories. Cisco has all the help he needed to understand tech from Evil Wells, and Felicity is a super hackzorz genius who also utilises alien tech to further her own agendas (up to and including her current story arc in Arrow). Whatever way it is, i ignore if for the benefit of not trying to find holes!

Ah yeah, you just have to go with it and accept it. I just always find it funny.

Advertisement