Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

MJohnston wrote: »

Great new, plenty of episodes now to give the series a chance to find its feet. Really enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I really enjoyed this weeks episode. I thought the Red Tornado looked a bit silly. But the plot line relating to Kara having to learn to control her anger was very good. With some excellent input from both Cat and James. Cat is really becoming more of a mentor for Kara. Cat has influenced both Kara and Supergirl more than any other character. Kara seems to be able to take the positive aspects of Cat's personality on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good character development this week. The final scene between Kara and RT was really well done. Great combination of music and special effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

not a bad episode, with a bit of action and god character interactions. I would disagree strongly with the message that men can get angry at work while women can't. it's a pity there is no Lex Luthor type character in the show. His presence was the only thing that made Smallville bearable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got halfway through the 3rd episode and turned this off. It got way too fluffy for me.
    Has it lost that cheesy feeling since then by any chance. I like a good superhero show I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I got halfway through the 3rd episode and turned this off. It got way too fluffy for me.
    Has it lost that cheesy feeling since then by any chance. I like a good superhero show I do.

I don't think it's going to lose that cheesy feeling, judging by The Flash, which I love, but still contains substantial amounts of cheddar in its DNA.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't think it's going to lose that cheesy feeling, judging by The Flash, which I love, but still contains substantial amounts of cheddar in its DNA.
    Don't tell me The Flash has the cheese factor, that's the next one on the list for me

Absolutely it does, it's part of why I enjoy it.

What super hero show doesn't??

Another great episode, and they finally got that big (obvious) revelation out of the way too.

• Advertisement

What about Red Tornado though?? They can hardly
    kill off one of the Justice League.
    Especially after he gained sentience

• Registered Users Posts: 60,522 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm glad I was right about who Hank was and it's great to have that character back on TV now he just needs more screen time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭pah

What about Red Tornado though?? They can hardly
    kill off one of the Justice League.
    Especially after he gained sentience

I would think there could be a 2.0 to cover this

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Mr E wrote: »
    Another great episode, and they finally got that big (obvious) revelation out of the way too.

One of my favourite characters from the cartoons I never read comics I'm now a fan of this show it can do no wrong.

pah wrote: »
    I would think there could be a 2.0 to cover this

Yeah, like the processing unit didn't get destroyed or something

One of my favourite characters from the cartoons I never read comics I'm now a fan of this show it can do no wrong.

The suit looked good, needs a cape!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭flazio

What super hero show doesn't??

Daredevil and Jessica Jones for a start.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The suit looked good, needs a cape!

I agree but one person might not.

200_s.gif

flazio wrote: »
    Daredevil and Jessica Jones for a start.

Daredevil had plenty, Foggy was the cheese fest with his crush on Page and comic relief (good but cheesey)

Jones had the loopers upstairs and Banana Bread. Regardless of what happens later some of it was cringy and was overdone (only negative of that show for me).
    Also Trish getting all supertrained but, there's a valid reason there.

Now other than the R-rated, can you continue. You said "for a start" so there must be more.

Currently we have Agents, Flash, Arrow, Limitless, Carter and Supergirl.
    Thats a lot of brie right there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Superhero stories in general are kind of cheesy. The marvel movies particularly have loads of death and carnage but also include a lot of cheesy dialogue and jokes to make it seem acceptable to have adults bring their children to them. Both the DC and Marvel TV shows do the same.

It is nice, once in a while, to not have a main character be angst ridden or a complete jerk so I can overlook SG's many plot flaws.

• Advertisement

Another great episode, and the scene with Cat at the end will add a nice wrinkle to the second part of the season.

Is it wrong that a grown man in his 40s is enjoying this show more than most other new shows this year? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

not at all, the CGI was v weak this week though and was a little distracting, still enjoying it though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Loved that episode, show seems to be growing stronger week on week.

It's finding its feet,to be sure. Hoping that they realised that the character is strong enough without pandering to girl power mentality.

Addition of "Hank" is wonderful though.
    Love how at least one investigative reporter can see through some glasses

Just playing catchup on this and I really have to say that it's actually been really damn good. Very surprising quality with regards to graphics and action. In many other places, the likes of Red Tornado and
    Martian Man-Hunter
    would have looked really stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the latest episode aired
    Sure, let's undo Cat figuring out Supergirl's secret identity. She even had her right in front of her with glasses off. It's not like someone suspecting Batman's identity without actually seeing his face. This was like Batman removing his cowl in front of the person. Sure Supergirl might as well have just kissed Cat to make her forget.
    But good job Kara just happened to be in the office she no longer worked in just as Supergirl visited
    Guessing that's BIzarro Supergirl. Though where they found a doppelganger, I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With the latest episode aired
    Sure, let's undo Cat figuring out Supergirl's secret identity. She even had her right in front of her with glasses off. It's not like someone suspecting Batman's identity without actually seeing his face. This was like Batman removing his cowl in front of the person. Sure Supergirl might as well have just kissed Cat to make her forget.
    But good job Kara just happened to be in the office she no longer worked in just as Supergirl visited
    Guessing that's BIzarro Supergirl. Though where they found a doppelganger, I don't know

I was wondering that myself,
    until i noticed at the end, it was Hank, as he's a shape-changer, she found out with her super-hearing, & here's her thinking, Men are from Mars... :D

When is it back on sky1?

I was wondering that myself,
    until i noticed at the end, it was Hank, as he's a shape-changer, she found out with her super-hearing, & here's her thinking, Men are from Mars... :D

When is it back on sky1?

Is he referring to
    the girl in Lord's super secret room, with the arm of Red Tornado? Is Lord going to attempt to discredit SG by making a look alike do naughty things?

If this is the US pace thread, do we need to have spoiler tags for episodes that have already aired? I think it's just for future episode spoilers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If this is the US pace thread, do we need to have spoiler tags for episodes that have already aired? I think it's just for future episode spoilers

I read this thread and look at it on sky. No spoilers would destroy it for me!

Advertisement