Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NPPR Charge Exemption

Options
  • 07-03-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, I wonder can anyone throw a bit of light on my issue! I am selling my house and the solicitor asked me for a list of things he requires. A BER cert - tick, LPT receipt - tick, Household charge receipt - tick and Non Primary Private Residence Charge/Exemption Certificate - dont have either (it has been my primary residence). So I contacted the council to get a certificate of exemption and they said as your solicitor to sign an affidavit to say it was your primary residence from 2009 to 2013. All good, so Solicitor wants an ESB bill from each year '09 to'13 for proof. So my problem is that I dont have ESB bills as such as I have a prepay meter so what other bills count as Utility bills? Revenue letter, Bank statements, mobile phone bills????

Appreciate your views :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

I'm doing the same ....except my solicitor said I had a choice of getting a utility bill for each year OR having him sign an affadavit. He said he normally goes the affadavit route given that in general no one can get a utility bill from 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PetuniaT

I contacted Bord Gais last year as they were my electricity suppliers and they had no problem issuing me with a statement of account going back to 2009 and the council gave me my NPPR cert a few weeks later

Advertisement